February 2014 Moms

SAHM Check In

Hey ladies! 

How's it going this week? What's new and exciting? What's got you down? Share your triumphs and your struggles. Let us know how we can help you.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been needing to get some organizing projects done. DH and I will be house hunting come spring, and our house is full of stuff we don't need. Also -- I don't want to be those people when potential buyers open a closet and it's an avalanche of stuff. Maybe you could talk about something you're trying to accomplish this week or this month -- kind of as a way to hold yourself accountable? 

Looking forward to some discussion!
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: SAHM Check In

• It's been a little hard this week on the boredom level. I think this is just because lo has been cranky since her lip tie revision on Saturday, it seems to be sore for her as she keeps putting her hand to her mouth and fussing. She isn't happy to sit and play, she just fusses and wants me on the floor so she can play sitting on my lap.

I haven't accomplished much this week because of it, and I get ragey when my house starts to clutter.

She also hasn't been taking long naps, so I haven't had much me time to recharge for the afternoon.

Oh, that reminds me, do you guys ever feel guilty for sitting and doing nothing when they nap? I always feel I should be doing something...but I need that time to numb my brain and refuel for the afternoon of playing and keeping lo entertained until DH comes home. I just wish I could do it without feeling guilty and like the dishes are glaring at me.
  • @rachaelmary I feel no shame in taking some naptime for myself. I also have started getting up at the same time every day. Whatever time that gives me before LO wakes is mine for coffee, breakfast, news, reading, whatever. I do generally start laundry in that time, but I hardly count it. I was not getting enough time for myself or to relax, so I needed to do something to change that. I really over extended myself in November and December and paid for it. That can't happen on a regular basis. I also consider that DH gets a lunch hour where he gets the whole hour to spend as he chooses, so I think I'm entitled to that kind of time as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Guise my baby is never dropping morning nap, mmk?
  • I guess I struggle because her naps are normally only 30 mins...so the morning nap I make breakfast and coffee and by the time I'm done, she's up. Then the afternoon nap I'm in need of some vegging time so I want to relax, but all the chores call my name and make me feel bad.

Luckily, DH doesn't care at all so I don't have any guilt that way, just internally.

@Bookshelves‌ thanks for asking! My dog is acting totally normal and no more nose bleeds. I did convince mh to take him to the vet so we go Saturday. He's only 3, so I don't know how common something serious like cancer is in a 3 year old dog...but I'd rather know then just shrug it off as a one off nose bleed.
  • Oh and @JoyBaby5‌ have you tried a sippy that is clear and looks like a bottle? That's how I got success...she still refuses any sippy that doesn't look like a bottle. The one I found is clear and the same shape as a bottle, just a different top.
  • @mosaicmoscato‌ I had a big ole tantrum last week -- crying, yelling at DH, throwing things (dirty clothes lol), and I felt much better after. I tend to keep things inside, and that's not always good. Sometimes a good ugly cry helps get it all out some can move on.
  • Yesterday was a tough day. DS woke up at 7AM but because it's so dark I thought it was earlier so I let him cry and he went back to sleep....until almost 10AM! The rest of the day we got 2 1-hour naps and he was cranky with running errands. Hoping for a more on-schedule day today. 

Getting excited for LO's birthday in 1 month from today. (Valentines Day baby). We're doing a farm theme since he loves animals we thought it would be fun. I'm trying to go as cheap as possible because we're spending a little extra money via oriental trading on paper goods to match the theme. 

Also have family pictures on Monday. Currently have all my clothes and DH's clothes laying on the bed trying to figure out what we're going to wear. 
  • rexgirl06rexgirl06 member
    edited January 2015
    @carleys No worries, now I remembered you were probably the 1 person that piped up previously. I wasn't sure about it at first. It just helps us take the holiday down a notch. I think it will be fun to see how we as a family adapt. If there are other siblings later to come it will be interesting to assimilate the holiday for them but birthday/holiday for J. He'll always get a class party for his birthday though! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"