Stay at Home Moms
Options

Stuffed animal HELP!!!

DD1 has this dog called Lavender Lab by Cloud B.  She LOVES it.  She sleeps with it everynight and carries it around most of the day when she's not in school.  Anyhow, last night LL got puked on.  And the stinky kind of puke.  It's surface wash only and that didn't help.  Any suggestions?  I can't even find a replacement :(
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Stuffed animal HELP!!!

• Options
    yeah if it has no electronic parts, I would totally wash it somehow- soak it in warm water with a mild detergent and baking soda.  Rinse, then just put it in the wash on spin only cycle and let it air dry.
  • Options
    Just stick it in a delicates bag or some pantyhose and wash it. Should be totally fine. I dry DD's about 3/4s of the way in the dryer then air dry to finish.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree w/ others....if no electronic parts, put it in a lingerie bag or similar (even a pillowcase) and wash it on gentle. I've had to do it. Most animals have come through fine. After three washes, the nose on a bear got messed up but we were able to fix it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Also, most stuffed animals say to wipe clean, IME. I've always washed them as I stated above in the washer on cold with regular detergent. I tumble dry and throw a tennis ball in to keep it fluffy.
    I've never heard of the tennis ball trick. I'll have to keep it in mind for next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"