Trouble TTC
Options

my story & a question....*LO mentioned*

ckk8584ckk8584 member
edited January 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hi All---I used to be active on the bump in the April 2012 birth club board.  I am back.  My son is now 2 1/2 & we've been TTC for the past several months.  My period returned in the summer of 2013 when my son was 14 months.  I breastfed him well into toddlerhood.  We got down to 1-2 nurse sessions a day.  I recently weaned my son last month.  I've been taking Vitex & it's regulated my cycle out a bit.  My most recent cycle was 29 days.  I used to have very clear signs of ovulations in terms of cramping & cervical fluid.  I have not had these clear signs since having my son.  I am going to start temping this cycle.  I'm wondering if I should try a cycle or 2 of clomid to ensure I'm ovulating.  Anybody have a similar story to mine?  I'm very anxious to give my son a sibling!!  Thank you for any advice/feedback.
Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
Unexplained Secondary Infertility
TTC#2 since Spring 2014
Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
TTC Break until January 2016.

Re: my story & a question....*LO mentioned*

• Options

Thanks for adding the warning in the title. I'll second PP's recommendations to step away from Vitex (really cause more harm than good and changes hormones when they may have been fine to begin with) and to head over to Trying to Get Pregnant. The Newbie Blog over there has lots of information about temping and that the only thing you need to do to confirm ovulation at this time. Since you just recently stopped BFing it's not uncommon to not ovulate that entire time. It can take  afew months to regulate itself out so give your body some time to adjust. Clomid's purpose is not to make you ovulate if you don't know you're ovulating or not. Don't jump into that before it's needed.

• Options
    Thank you!
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"