Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

15 month old, climbing out of crib!

LittleLeahBeeLittleLeahBee member
edited January 2015 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
We've been catching my 15 month old son trying to climb out of his crib already. He's still so young, I hadn't even begun to think about switching to a toddler bed. Could this really be my next step so soon? I don't want him to get hurt, but at the same time...he seems too young to understand a big boy bed. Have any of you been through this? Is switching to the toddler bed my best option at this point for his safety? If so, how do you teach a 15 month old to stay in a toddler bed and go to sleep?! I feel unprepared for this transition.
BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
            photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif

Re: 15 month old, climbing out of crib!

• Options
    Put the mattress on the floor inside the crib, just take out whatever is holding it up. Assuming there is not enough space between the mattress and the bottom of the crib to crawl under he should no longer be able to crawl out. It shoudl buy you some more time ;)
  • Options
    My 2nd daughter started crawling out around 2. We turned the crib around so the high side was facing out. That bought us some time until she figured out how to get out of that. My 3rd daughter just started getting out too but only once that I've seen, so crossing my fingers there.

I did a lot of pinterest searching on ways to prevent this with my #2. I saw someone used wainscoting with zip ties to the inside of the crib slats so there was nothing to put their feet on, I've seen sewing the legs of their jammies together with a piece of fabric, I've seen sleepers, put the mattress on the floor, turn the crib around, keep slippery socks on them... And my friend put one of those big foldable baby gates around her crib for when her daughter got out she was pretty secure.
    I definitely wouldn't want to do a toddler bed switch at 15 months. Good luck!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Great advice! I'm going to give these ideas a try.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
                photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"