October 2014 Moms

name question (I know you missed these)

I know lots of you have been thinking about baby names for your next lo (if you aren't too traumatized by this one). I wanted your opinions on if sibling names with similar middle names for a boy and girl are too matchy matchy? We typically don't use middle names much but I wanted feedback. For example middle names Michael & Michelle or Brian & Brianna or Oliver & Olivia or Nathaniel & Natalie. Their first names wouldn't be similar.

Re: name question (I know you missed these)

• Our kids have matchy matchy middle names - Michael and Marie :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am not a fan of matchy names, all 3 of my munchkins have very different names and each have their own very different personalities to go with it. The last name and the fact that they're all 5 letter first names (not planned) are the only similarities. But to each their own! :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it would be a big deal to have similar matching middle names, as long as your kids don't go by their middle names. It's not my style but definitely only if they are similar middle names with different sounding first names.

I love the name Claire but wouldn't name a new baby that because it's too similar to Caroline.

• I don't think its a big deal. DD's middle name is Ragan and we will probably use Raymond as the middle name for a son someday. I feel like these are extremely matchy because they have the same nn, Rae/Ray, but they are both family names so oh well. Matchy first names would be a bigger deal, middle names not so much.

• My girls having matchy middle names. It wasn't planned to be that way, but with LO we decided to be team green and didn't pick a name until after she was born. DD's middle name is Marie and LO's is Mae.
    image  image
  • FFTC: I don't give a shit about middle names, especially ones that are just picked out of thin air because you like it. If it's a family name, I get it (like mine), and I had zero attachment to my old middle name (Lynn). I also realize that my daughter can change her name to whatever the hell she wants later anyway. I mean, I did. 

However, It never occurred to me that people would call my daughter Audrey Caine all the time. I get irrationally angry, because, I'm like "THAT IS NOT HER LAST NAME," then I realize they are calling her by her first and middle names. I didn't see that coming. My bad.
  • I don't like matchy matchy personally. My brother's have all given their kids C names, like we're the fucking Kardashians. I picked something completely different for that reason.
  • MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited January 2015
    SPurp13 said:
    FFTC: I don't give a shit about middle names, especially ones that are just picked out of thin air because you like it. If it's a family name, I get it (like mine), and I had zero attachment to my old middle name (Lynn). I also realize that my daughter can change her name to whatever the hell she wants later anyway. I mean, I did. 

However, It never occurred to me that people would call my daughter Audrey Caine all the time. I get irrationally angry, because, I'm like "THAT IS NOT HER LAST NAME," then I realize they are calling her by her first and middle names. I didn't see that coming. My bad.
    People do this all the time with DD1.  When I was pregnant with her, people would ask what we're naming her, and we'd automatically say "Georgia Rose" because I knew they'd ask for the middle name too.  Well, then everyone thought that's what we were going to call her.  It took forever for us to get DH's family to stop calling her that, and it made me irrationally angry too.  One of DH's aunts still calls her that and I want to TP her every time.
    So when people asked about this LO, we always said her first name only, and then gave them the middle as well if they asked.

Also, FWIW, we came up with Georgia Rose long before that STUPID One Direction song.  I get so pissed off when I hear that song.  Hey, there's "my crazy" :P *wanders off to other thread*
    I'm just always "CAINE IS A LAST NAME." It's my own fault. I set myself up, and I didn't even know it. 

My husband has an ex-step cousin that named her daughter Job.ey Grace. First of all, I have no idea where the name Job.ey came from. It sounds made up. But they always call her Job.ey Grace. I get irrationally angry about that, because, I mean, just call her Job.ey. She doesn't need two names like a celebrity. In my house, I was Stacey Lynn ONLY when I got in trouble. So, I'm like "is this poor kid in trouble AGAIN?"

I'm blissfully unaware of ANYTHING AT ALL that One Direction sings. I only recently even knew they were a band. 

*goes to yell at some youngsters to get off her lawn*
  • .....jobey?
  • MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited January 2015
    andrieya said:
    .....jobey?
    I know. 

Like, when I was considering Grace, they were like NO SHE PICKED THAT NAME. Then named her Job.ey Grace. Since they used Grace as a middle name, I think I'm allowed to use Grace for subsequent babies. But I probably won't.

I should stop typing Job.ey Grace. Maybe I should edit it.
  • I was going to name my next dd jobey. I like it. Kidding. Just kidding. I'm going with jalopy. I was inspired by tb. ;)

No really, the first names would be completely different but I like basically the female version of ds2's middle name for a girl middle name. I never really tell anyone my kids' middle names so I don't think it would be a big deal but I wanted your opinions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"