Baby Showers
Options

Opinion on Invitations please

Hey ladies,

I am helping a friend plan a baby shower for another friend. Our theme is shabby chic for a boy and I am responsible for the invitations. 
I loooked all over for some invitations that I would find fitting well with the theme, classy, and personalized and couldnt find so I checked Pinterest. I found the invitation that I want to have, but I have to hand make it, which I love the idea as I love craft (even though this is way harder and more expensive).
This will be a folded card and on the front I was thinking in writing the following:

"She will love him forever, She will love him for always, As long as she is living, Her baby He will be. Yest, It is a boy!"

This is a modified version of the book "I love you forever" which I will give her as it is my favorite book of all the times. What do you think? Too Cheesy? If so, what do you suggest me to write on the front? I already have the inside done.

Thank you

Re: Opinion on Invitations please

• Options
    Thank you I will remove that as I was not sure either. Also The He was a typo. I dont have that on y original draft...:P
  • Options
    VORVOR member

I will be very honest with you- if you're talking about the book that I'm thinking of, I actually find the book a little creepy.  If any of your guests feel as I do and they put two and two together with the invitation - a few people might be a little "Um.... o.k." and find it weird.

Granted- I don't tend to overanalyze baby invitations and may not realize the connection.  But I'm sure some women will put it together.

just my two cents.  It's not any horrid breach of etiquette and as you're the one doing the invites, totally your choice.  Just letting you know that there are many women out there who find that book weird.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't love it. I googled shabby chic baby shower invites for boys, and I do think the idea/theme itself is really lovely. But I guess I'm not really seeing the point in so much verbiage on the invitation. Just my .02
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all your feedback. I ended up keeping simple the invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"