1st Trimester
Options

Uterus measuring large. Multiples?

I went to the obgyn today for my first prenatal visit. I am pregnant with my second child, due in September. When the midwife gave me my internal exam she said she thought that my uterus was measuring large for the date I gave her for the first day of my last period. Has anyone ever experienced this? Could I be pregnant with multiples? I'm positive that I got my period the month prior and I know the exact days that we tried to conceive. What else could this mean? My first baby was 9lb 10oz. Could this be reason? Any mothers with twins ever measure large early on in their pregnancy?

Re: Uterus measuring large. Multiples?

• Options
    Are they scheduling an ultrasound?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    The only way to know about multiples is an ultrasound.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What did your doctor say?
  • Options
    So she "thought" you were measuring large which to me translates to you might be, not that you are.
    Based on the first day of your LMP has little to do with when you actually ovulated. You could be measuring right on time.
    You will not know until you have an ultrasound.
  • Options
    Going in for ultra sound next Wednesday. We shall see.
  • Options
    I measured large.  It was just some extra fluid.   My doctor was not at all concerned.  
  • Options
    ipumpkinipumpkin member
    edited January 2015

I feel like we just went over this in your other discussion. " Uterus measuring large. Multiples? "

??

Eta: this was supposed to be on the "multiples" post but I got confused because they're the same freaking thing.
  • Options
    I lied you're totes having multiples! Congrats! Buy two (maybe 3) of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Not necessarily.  I was measuring large with my first, and the doctor did an ultrasound to check for multiples.   The ultrasound showed I had a fibroid, however.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I lied you're totes having multiples! Congrats! Buy two (maybe 3) of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So yaaayyy!! Good for her!! Get the glitter ready to start tossing!
  • Options
    ipumpkin said:

This is what you meant by glitter tossing?
  • Options
    ipumpkin said:

This is what you meant by glitter tossing?
    LOL. Close enough!
  • Options
    I went to the obgyn today for my first prenatal visit. I am pregnant with my second child, due in September. When the midwife gave me my internal exam she said she thought that my uterus was measuring large for the date I gave her for the first day of my last period. Has anyone ever experienced this? Could I be pregnant with multiples? I'm positive that I got my period the month prior and I know the exact days that we tried to conceive. What else could this mean? My first baby was 9lb 10oz. Could this be reason? Any mothers with twins ever measure large early on in their pregnancy?
    It's a possibility, but not because of your size, jeez. Let me ask you this, who is your baby daddy, is it Edward Cullens? That could also explain you measuring large.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"