Cincinnati Babies
Options

Looking for natural-supportive OB that delivers at Mercy Anderson

I recently (like this morning) found out I'm pregnant with my second child - due in September.  I delivered my first last February at Bethesda North under the care of Dr. Daniel Bowen who has his practice in Springdale.  I really like Dr. Bowen and his philosophy of only intervening when necessary (which was in my case since I needed to be induced for a number of reasons).  I'm hoping to achieve an unmedicated birth this time around which is much more likely when you have a supportive OB.  For a number of reasons, I'd like to find someone a little closer to my home and would ideally like to deliver at Mercy Anderson instead of B.North.  Dr. Froelich is the only other physician of which I'm aware that has a reputation for only intervening when necessary and supporting natural birth and I'm not really interested in seeing him.  Any ideas?  
Holy Crow! Baby No. 2!
BFP: January 11, 2014
BabyFruit Ticker
My sweet baby boy!
BFP (after one year TTC): May 22, 2013 | Born: February 7, 2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for natural-supportive OB that delivers at Mercy Anderson

• Options
    Congrats! I don't have a recommendation but I recently saw an event at the Blue Cocoon in Montgomery. It's called meet the doulas, I saw it on their Facebook page. I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe they could point you in the right direction.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!  You know, I used a great doula for my first birth and for some reason, it didn't even occur to me to ask her for a recommendation. Great idea! And thanks again!  
    Holy Crow! Baby No. 2!
    BFP: January 11, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My sweet baby boy!
    BFP (after one year TTC): May 22, 2013 | Born: February 7, 2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like my OB group and plan to just tell them what I want/when. They seem to be okay with it. This time around I had no options - had to speed up delivery due to risk of infection at 34 weeks, but next time I hope to be able to try natural for as long as I can. I use Seven Hills but they were open to what I wanted, only thing I had to do was pitocin - - and I probably could have fought it, but I figured for my LO's safety I should go with it.

• Options
    Dr Froelich is no longer practicing here in the coming weeks due to malpractice. 
  • Options

Dr. Bowen is probably the best in the city for an unmedicated birth. There is an OB group (7 hills I think) that has ~ 4 docs and ~ 4 midwives. The CNM's are Sue Comte, Sue Holden, Trish Maloney, Etc. Their group makes you choose either CNM or MD care. If anything comes up that makes you "high risk," you have to see the doctors.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"