May 2014 Moms
Options

Because it's Monday and I don't feel like working....

2»

Re: Because it's Monday and I don't feel like working....

• Options
    aimeefarrahfowler I adore the detail at the bottom of this dress!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bunannie said:

Mine is still dirty with a torn hem hanging in the original bag in my closet. No way in hell it is ever going to zip again since my rib cage expanded.. 

Mine too, ripped, dirty and there might even be a couple dead leaves in the bag with it! And the lining has a wine stain. I bet by now it has some nasty yellow sweat stains too. Whatever, I really only keep it to be able to play dress up princess with my girls. It's not like anyone is going to wear it again!

Kinda want to try it on now, but I'm pretty sure i still have 10lbs to lose before it will zip up. Love the idea of taking 5 year anniversary pictures in our wedding outfits.
  • Options
    Everyone looks so pretty! I'll try to remember to post a pic later. I love my dress and didn't want to take it off and now I want to wear it again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I plan to do a 5 year Anniversary trash the dress photoshoot. I'd like to go back to the lake where we were married and go in the lake and sand and jump off the dock in it. Don't want to actually ruin the dress but it would be fun to go all crazy in it.
  • Options
    I had 49 people at my wedding. Looking back, I wish I would have had a court house wedding and took the $20K and paid off my student loans. Stupid. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    haykay13 said:

@momthatlifts‌ love your bouquet!

We were tempted to do a courthouse wedding, but family swayed us to have a "real" wedding.

Awe thanks @haykay13‌ my mom whipped it up last minute lol.

My dad was very happy to pay the 30 bucks versus the price of a big wedding ceremony lol. One day I will get my big day :)

It's a BOY

• Options
    And thank you @kittyriot‌ and @athn64‌ So Very Sweet Of You :).

Eta: sorry for the automatic capitalization. My phones acting funky

It's a BOY

• Options

Sorry, they came out huge!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bazingaa said:

Last try... I don't think this one will link back to my photographer's website!! And spoiler alert.... my hubby isn't Bode. I lied to you all the other day. 

@bazingaa‌ are you at the Dallas World Aquarium?!!!
  • Options
    KBowen715 said:
    Last try... I don't think this one will link back to my photographer's website!! And spoiler alert.... my hubby isn't Bode. I lied to you all the other day. 
    No, I'm in Ohio not Texas :). An aquarium was a super fun place for a reception though! 
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    bazingaa said:

KBowen715 said:

bazingaa said:

No, I'm in Ohio not Texas :). An aquarium was a super fun place for a reception though! 

Yeah, I guess I could have read that when you said it prior... :-\"

The best wedding I've ever been to was at an aquarium. Love it!
  • Options
    @apinkpelican‌ are you a wedding planner? That's always been my dream job! Lately I've had the crazy idea that I want to start my own venue. There aren't very many in my area.
  • Options
    @kittyriot‌ what island? We won a contest & got married in Bermuda (crazy I know). I can see how that would be overwhelming trying to plan your own while working as a planner. Especially considering everybody would expect nothing but the best.
  • Options
    Having to cater to crazy bridezillas everyday sounds like a terrible job to me!
  • Options
    kittyriot said:

@Lecky11 when I finished university and no one wanted to hire a polisci grad to do anything important I became a wedding planner. That lasted two years, at which point the thought of planning my own wedding made me want to cry. I ran away to island to do it instead. 

@kittyriot‌-
    Off the subject of weddings; my husband's undergrad degree is in Polisci. Even though the degree came from a well acclaimed university, he found it was about as useful as a high school diploma. He got his masters degree in counseling psych and is now a forensic analyst for criminals. Everyone looks at him weird when he says he had a degree in polisci.
  • Options
    kittyriot said:

That sounds like a wonderfully exciting career @Kbowen715

I was one of those dorky polisci grads that was waaaaaayyy too into real politics. I ran campaigns, was involved in national youth politics, I spoke at event nationally, I worked for our federal governments as an intern every summer.

The year I graduated the liberals in Canada were going through a really nasty transition, and as per usual, I picked the side of "good". Us "good guys" came out on the losing side and I felt like I really didn't have a home in national politics anymore. 

So I took a hiatus, met my husband, decided to make a home in a community where it would be difficult for me to use my talents so I kinda had to charge a new path. 

It's led me to non-profit advocacy work where I get to do a fair amount of lobbying. I now understand that my path was just leading me where I needed to be. 

Sounds like your husbands did the same!
    That sounds fantastic @kittyriot‌. He loves rehabilitating criminals, so it seemed to work out.
  • Options
    becole42 said:
    @bazingaa‌ I'm super jealous that you had your wedding there. Also- @sstwinklinglites‌ and I like to meet up there with our LOs on my random days off. You should join sometime if you dare to show your celebrity face to us.
    That would be fun! We got an annual pass for the aquarium because DS is so mesmerized by it!
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    kittyriot said:

@Lecky11 when I finished university and no one wanted to hire a polisci grad to do anything important I became a wedding planner. That lasted two years, at which point the thought of planning my own wedding made me want to cry. I ran away to island to do it instead. 

I run the events department for a historical venue. I used to do all of the weddings but have hired someone to do them for me know so I can focus on corporate business. It's been a good change as I don't work every Saturday now which I didn't want to do with a LO. The hours are still crazy though. Starting/running a venue is a major undertaking so more power to you! All I would say is that it's not as glamorous as it may seem :) Have you planned weddings other than your own? It's always a good idea to get to know the established planners in town and work with then on some weddings.
  • Options
    @apinkpelican‌ I haven't :smile: Besides my own & my parents' 30th anniversary party, I've only done showers, bday parties, etc.
  • Options

I love my dress.  Its preserved in a box (that is just sitting in my entry way right now).  I"m glad it is, cause I would probably wear it around the house if it was just hanging in my closet.  

You mean like this?

ETA why can't I find one of Monica doing the dishes wearing the dress, argh!
    Exactly like that!!!!
  • Options
    becole42 said:
    @bazingaa‌ I'm super jealous that you had your wedding there. Also- @sstwinklinglites‌ and I like to meet up there with our LOs on my random days off. You should join sometime if you dare to show your celebrity face to us.
    Yeah, we know the place like the back of our hands already... but... penguins! And I just saw today that they're adding otters this year! I might just die.
    Yeah, I got that email too! I could have sworn otters used to be there. I think the turtle exhibit took over their space. Since the turtles are leaving maybe the otters are coming back there? 
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

I love my dress.  Its preserved in a box (that is just sitting in my entry way right now).  I"m glad it is, cause I would probably wear it around the house if it was just hanging in my closet.  

You mean like this?

ETA why can't I find one of Monica doing the dishes wearing the dress, argh!
    Exactly like that!!!!
    One of my favorites!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"