October 2013 Moms

Speeches

So my cousin (practically little sister) is getting married in early March. I am her maid of honor and she has asked me to give a speech at the reception. The best man (groom's brother) is giving one as well. My cousin is an only child a d we have always been super close. Public speaking doesn't bother me but this is so personal. I have never given a speech at a wedding before (except my own). I know to make it kind of funny maybe with a story and all that but I have no clue where to even start.

Poor H will be listening to all my speeches for the next 2 months.

Any advice?

Re: Speeches

• wine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • I'm awful at public speaking =(  but maybe a funny moment or story that is cute and funny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I would start with "When cousin told me she was getting married, I was ____ for her."  And then talk about how much her fiance means to her.  Maybe something you remember about when they started dating or when she used to gush to you about him.  I'd talk about how they work well as a couple or balance each other out or whatever and then wish them well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Nice and sentimental always goes over better than trying to be funny. Unless you really ARE funny, you are better off being thoughtful and nice. Go for the Awww's
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"