October 2013 Moms

Sleep is so far off track, wondering how to get back

Poor little guy has been dealing with being sick for over a month.  Started with the stomach bug, followed by croup, followed another viral thing and finally double ear infections on round 3 of antibiotics.  He's finally feeling better and acting like his normal self during the day, but needless to say his sleep has been like crap for the last month.  I thought that once he was feeling better his sleep would get better too.  Prior to illness he was go down at 7:30 and wake up at 7am, with an occasional wake up around 3am.  We would give him a bottle and he would go right back down. 

Now he's going down around 8 without a problem, he's waking up at 1 screaming blood murder.  We've been giving him a bottle, because he's lost 2 lbs with his illnesses and figure he probably is hungry. He goes right back down but then 45 minutes later is up screaming again.  If you let him keep crying he just gets louder and louder and keeps going and wakes up his siblings.  Then he ends up wide awake downstairs for a good hour.  We don't talk to him or turn the lights on, but he'll sit on the playroom floor just babbling or talking to himself. When he starts yawning we're able to put him back down till the morning.  I feel like I have a newborn again.  How do I fix this?  Is it just from being sick and getting his sleep cycle all out of whack? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sleep is so far off track, wondering how to get back

• It sounds like his sleep is just really off. It normally takes DS a good week or more to get back on track. We have been off and on since his birthday in Sept. Between molars, viral infection, more molars stomach bug, cold/congestion, and more molars it has been a back and forth battle. Some nights when I am too tired to fight I put him in our bed cuddled up to me and he sleeps much better but I don't make it a habit just sometimes we gotta sleep too.

Hang in there it will get better!
  • My baby was sleeping his full nights after 1 month then at 6 months he got an ear infection and since then his nights got off track waking up up to twice per night screaming and crying!.... It took him a few months to sleep "better" (waking up once per night for bottle).... I hope you don't go through what I went through!
    Hopefully he goes back on track soon! What if you don't let him sleep during the day that way he is super sleepy at night?
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe skip a nap so he is extra tired at night. That's what we had to do when D's schedule got messed up.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"