May 2013 Moms
Options

Sleeping arrangements

edited January 2015 in May 2013 Moms
Where is you LO sleeping these days?

Are you happy with current arrangements or are you looking to transition soon?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Sleeping arrangements 72 votes

Crib
81% 59 votes
Toddler bed
6% 5 votes
Co-Sleeping
4% 3 votes
Twin bed
1% 1 vote
SS
5% 4 votes

Re: Sleeping arrangements

• Options
    DS is still in his crib because he loves it and has never tried to climb out. Around his second birthday we'll convert the crib to a toddler bed. However hes really tall and already takes up about 80% of the crib length wise. Probably by next christmas we may turn it into a full size bed with a guard rail.
  • Options
    KashyKashy member
    edited January 2015
    DS is still in his crib.  It is working and he has not even tried to escape yet.  We are going to be buying a house *hopefully within the next 4 months* and when we move to a bigger place we will transition him to a big boy bed.  Also like @emmy236 said our guy is so tall and at times the crib seem so small for him.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crib and toddler bed. Crib overnight toddler bed for naps.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Crib. He loves it and doesn't try and climb out. No plans on transitioning anytime soon. Maybe around 2ish. 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oohgurl said:

Crib. He loves it and doesn't try and climb out. No plans on transitioning anytime soon. Maybe around 2ish. 

This. Except she's climbed out twice but hasn't since so we will see how the next few months go.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    DS is in a crib. He will transition to a twin bed when we start PTing. We skip the toddler bed because I figure one less transition is easier for everyone.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    DD is still in the crib. DS luckily isn't rolling yet, so he's still in the bassinet. The days for that are numbered though.

We're still deciding if we will:
    a) Buy a second crib and have them both in cribs for the foreseeable future.

b) Buy a toddler bed for DD and put DS in DD's crib.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    C sleeps great in his crib and has not tried to climb out. I don't want to buy a second crib so the baby will sleep in the rock n play until C's 2nd birthday and then we will transition him to his toddler bed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I voted SS. We had to transition to toddler beds because E started climbing out. But we were still bed-sharing after first wakeup around midnight (still are), and the girls won't go to sleep in their toddler beds. I lie down with them on a twin mattress in their room until they fall asleep, then I move them to their toddler beds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    S is still in her crib and we won't be putting the toddler rail on until we start to potty train, so probably not until she's 2. She's super short and can barely see over the top of her crib rail so I gots no worries about her climbing out anytime soon.
  • Options
    We put the toddler bed in his room in Nov to start getting K used to it since we plan to use his crib for DS2 a couple of months pp. He loved it and after a few days of successful naps we tried it at night. No issues til my in-laws came last week and made epic noise. He rolls out every now and then onto a soft folded blanket, we put him back when we see it.
  • Options
    @mtnmomma13‌ it's going okay. At first it was great because she didn't realize she could climb out. Now she does and her room looks like a cyclone hit it. It's been nice though to get her used tonic for when we go full time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A is in a twin bed but I am in there with her. My husband is in our bed. We like it this way because of his work hours and her sleep habits.

Soon I might leaving her half way through the night but we are in no hurry to change anything.
  • Options
    MauLoaM0MMauLoaM0M member
    edited January 2015
    DS is still in his crib. He has yet to try to climb out but even when he does we still can move the crib down another notch. I have no plans to transition him anytime soon!

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    Still in the crib. No plans to move her anytime soon (she has never tried to climb out). This poll was interesting...for some reason I had the idea that way more people had already transitioned to toddler (or other) beds.
  • Options
    I picked SS Audrey is in a queen bed. When we finished building and moved onto the new house we didn't bother setting the crib back up since she was sharing with her sister anyway. The funny thing is in our too small old house DS and DD1  shared a room and we had the queen in there to look better for showings so now they often want to sleep together still even though it is in his twin bed. So Audrey is usually on her own in the big bed. If she wakes up in the night she either comes in our room or I crawl in with her if one of the big kids had made their way to our room.
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options

Crib. DD hasn't tried to escape it at all. I'm hoping to keep this new LO in our room until DD is 2, at which time we'll likely move her to a twin.

This is me too. I'm a little bummed since I think ds could stay in his crib for a while happily, and thinking about it stresses me out a bit. But, I'm sure they'll do fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MamaMD said:

Still in the crib. No plans to move her anytime soon (she has never tried to climb out). This poll was interesting...for some reason I had the idea that way more people had already transitioned to toddler (or other) beds.

Me too! I was afraid LO would be one of the few still in her crib.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    A is still in his crib. I'm not ready for him to transition since he still wakes up several times at night and I don't need the heart attack of him walking into my room to wake me up yet. LOL We also still co-sleep for the last 1/3 of the night. Just easier to let him sleep wtih the boob while I sleep.
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
  • Options
    kelseyhh said:

Crib and loving it! I would keep him in there until he goes to college if I'm able to ;-).

This exactly!
  • Options
    Definitely still in her crib. We have no plans to move her, especially with the next baby on the way. I like her contained! She has never tried to climb out, and the top rail is still just below her chin.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"