Parenting

Potty training regression help please!

DD turns 3 on Monday, been pretty confidently potty trained for 5-6 months. The last two weeks we've been having accidents almost daily. All are at home or in the car, none in public or at daycare so I don't think its an infection or something medical because it would be happening other places. The only thing I can think of is that we moved from crib to twin bed last weekend, so perhaps that's it.

Any tips? Trying to not make a big deal or act angry or disappointed but any other suggestions for getting through this are appreciated!
imageimage

Re: Potty training regression help please!

• Avswolf said:

Jut keep plugging along. Regressions happen. Have patience, keep routine, reward successes, don't linger on failures.

Agreed. We never dealt w regression, but my oldest took forever to poop on the toilet and not in his underwear. He was pee trained and just pooped his pants on the daily.

We just kept reminding him what he was supposed to do and one day it clicked. Frustrating as hell, but it happened.

• Avswolf said:

Jut keep plugging along. Regressions happen. Have patience, keep routine, reward successes, don't linger on failures.

Agreed. We never dealt w regression, but my oldest took forever to poop on the toilet and not in his underwear. He was pee trained and just pooped his pants on the daily.

We just kept reminding him what he was supposed to do and one day it clicked. Frustrating as hell, but it happened.
    Yep. You can't do much except remind them where the poo goes or pee goes. Try not to get upset & throw it in the wet bag/laundry.

Hang in there! It can be very hard!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I teach/have taught preschoolers during regressions and we would just get really strict about making them try to go potty every hour or so to try and avoid the accidents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• My girls basically "regressed" in potty training whenever me and DH got overconfident in their abilities and stopped reminding them to always use the toilet for peeing or pooping. When we started harrassing them to use the toilet again, they got a lot better at it. Both of my girls were about 4-4.25 when they actually were fully potty trained and knew to use the toilet without us reminding them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"