Trouble TTC a Sibling

I am new here :-)

I think I am on the right board for me :-)
We have been TTC for about a year now, off bcp for 15 months, last month had an U/S and lab work- all was normal. Has an HSG and showed my right tube was blocked. They are guessing scar tissue from my first pregancy (twins via c section) and I had a bad infection in my uterus (endometritiris) so they think it caused some damage.
I didn't have trouble conceiving my first pregancy, it was a surprise pregnancy with identical twins.
They think I am ovulating, US showed follicles and I am pretty regular at 31 days. I do have bad periods and spotting.
We are trying our first cycle of clomid to help get my left side to ovulate.

Amyways I do have questions for you all:
1.) do clomid change your ovulate date?
2.) if I did have PCOS or endometrosis would that have showed up one my US or HSG?
3.) any advice is welcome. I've never been on a board before and just looking for somewhere to talk, vent, and learn.

Thanks!

Re: I am new here :-)

• My Ob is sort of monitoring, she checks for OHSS just by feeling ovaries but no US. This is my first month, she did say after 3 she'd refer me to a RE.
    Anyways, because we are only on 50 mg clomid and nothing else (trigger shots-HCG)and not doing iui plus the blocked tube, the chance for multiples is low.

What is TI?

When I had my mirena in we thought I was having cysts but never caught any on US. After 10 months TTC they did an US and it looked good, but I didn't know if people with PCOS always have cysts or signs that would show up on US?
    Endo I've always worried about, when I was young I had horrible periods so the Drs put me on BCP, I was on various forms of bc for roughly 9-10 years when I found out I was pregnant with my twins. It was complete shock to get pregnant on birth control with twins but then now I've been off BCP for 15 months and just can't make it happen. I've heard women with endo sometimes have better luck right after coming off bc. Just something I've worried about and didn't know if it showed up on US or HSG. The dr didn't say anything either way so I wasn't sure.
  • twingirlsmomtwingirlsmom member
    edited January 2015
    I always get my period but I have had months where my OPK doesn't show a positive.
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I don't know 100% she doesn't plan to do an US at the appt, I didn't ask at the time. She just told me to make an appt around ovulation for me it tends to be day 18/19 so she said come in around 16, which is my appt next week. It's my first time so I don't really know what happening.
  • She did do an US last month before I started and then felt my ovaries as well.
    I don't know for sure, but I was under the impression that risk for higher order multiples was less than .5% of the population with two healthy tubes. So I figured that's not really a big increase from the general public. Not to say it can't happen bc it does, it scares me, that why I've waited to take it. I love my twins but they were hard and the pregancy and their health was always a risk. I would prefer to not have a multiples pregnanct again. I freaked out a little when I took my first pill and kept googling story of women on clomid with more than twins and it's scary (most were on Hcg shots not just clomid) I get it, but at the same time I understand really the risk for having triplets or more is low so the dr probably just isn't super concerned. Idk. I've read it's the difference bt a OB and RE, I think RE monitor better. I will call and ask if they have an US scheduled.
    That being said I got a flashing smiling today (day 11) so it's early which they told me it would probably be later than normal. I've never used the actual smiley ones just the cheap strips.
  • Hello.  First, I just want to say that you personally haven't done anything wrong, It's not unusual for an ob to prescribe clomid - the problem is that there are many risks with not monitoring (via u/s).  My OB did the same thing.  They tend to use it as a band-aid approach.  I agree with the previous poster that if medicated cycles are necessary it would be best to see an RE and make sure they are monitored.  I think this is especiallly important if you have had blockages and there's any risk of a tubal pregnancy.  Did they think that the HSG cleared the blockage or recommend any kind of surgery? 

As for the PCOS, do you have any symptoms of it?  In my experience I had a lot of the symptoms, the bloodwork showed that I was not ovulating, and the u/s showed polycystic ovaries which confirmed the diagnosis.  Since the bloodwork had shown that I was not ovulating the RE proceeded with the necessary meds.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• I don't have any experience, but wanted to say welcome and good luck!
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"