August 2014 Moms
Options

Alternating formulas?

mindfulmama14mindfulmama14 member
edited January 2015 in August 2014 Moms
Hello! Do any of you ladies have experience or knowledge on alternating formulas? I asked my pedi if we could test a few out, and she said that was no problem. However I forgot to ask if I could alternate between 2.
I supplement, and I starting thinking that's the exact same concept. I'm giving my LO my BM and formula.. So how is it different to alternate 2 formulas?
Edit: grammar

Re: Alternating formulas?

• Options
    I supplement as well and I switch between formulas because up until this point ive been using the enfamil and similac samples we received in the mail. LO doesn't seem to have any problem switching between formula.
  • Options
    Great, thanks for response. Good to know it works well for you. Now that I think of it, I'm sure it's a case by case for every LO. I'll be alternating with 2 formulas as long as I don't see any issues with LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd give it a couple days between starting two new ones (to check for weird reactions), but after you know baby takes the different ones well, I'd switch back and forth as much as you want. We traded off probably a good 3 or 4 brands regularly with DD, depending on where I was shopping that week, and what sales were happening. :)
  • Options
    I used to supplement LO and honestly, I just switched whenever necessary and it didn't seem to bother him one bit. He was only taking about 8 oz a day at the time mind you. Lots of people gave us the free samples they never used so we switched between Good Start, Similac and PC, liquid and powder. No issues at all even though I noticed differences in colour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"