C-sections

during surgery??

This is my second csection my first was emergency but this one is scheduled. I can't remember when you have a spinal can you move your arms or is everything numb? I just remember laying there and then once I was in recovery being able to move.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...
  • kellyfo14kellyfo14 member
    Answer ✓
    Yup, your arms are just fine. This is my third and my hospital has changed to allow skin to skin contact after the Csec. So incredibly happy that I get to snuggle while they close me up!

Answers

• I just had my second c-section on 1/8. I could move my arms, but they were a little tingly/heavy and it would have been an awkward angle. I would not have been comfortable holding the baby myself at that point. I held her after we were back in our room, which was not long after.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My anesthesiologist wanted to make sure I couldn't feel anything about my surgery. I could maybe lift my arms 2 inches but they were super heavy and I couldn't keep them up.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• psychmajormompsychmajormom member
    edited January 2015
    I was paralyzed from my neck down (not common) and because of that I couldn't feel myself breathe, which caused me to quit breathing.
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • I couldn't move my arms I had IVs hooked up anyways but as soon as I was done I was able to hold baby right away
  • I had feeling in my arms, but my hospital strapped my arms down so I couldn't move them. I think it depends on the hospital you go to as to whether or not they strap your arms down.
  • I had the epidural in the operating room and still had use of my arms; although they did strap my arms down during the surgery. My hubby held our son up close so I could see and kiss him.
  • I had no feeling in my arms. I had a little anxiety attack during my unplanned section so I think they upped the meds. It was about an hour before I could feel my arms and hold my little girl!! They let me stay in recovery as mon as I wanted though!!!
  • I could feel my arms after the spinal block but I was shaking so bad from the contractions. I went into labor the night prior to my scheduled c section. Everything went along as planned just a few hours early.

I had one arm around my daughter but it wouldn't have been safe for me to have complete hold of her so my husband held on to her. They gave her to me as soon as we went to recovery which was only about 15-20 minutes after he left with her.

I was numb from the top of my stomach/under my Boobs down.