Options

Cause it's FRiDaY, you ain't got no job,

1235»

Re: Cause it's FRiDaY, you ain't got no job,

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    kdsmith43 said:
    Wait, I didn't read yet - but does that have anything to do with the fireworks truck?  ETA nevermind, I kept reading, then read the article.  :(  Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    I need to get on nb props soon. I think I want knit/crochet suspenders ( im not going to make them) maybe a little hat to go with. But then I need matching stuff for G.
    Or plaid:

I can't get that link to work....

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited January 2015
    @willy_gert‌ I can only tell you how it is handled at my company, once I receive picture of the car seat and I'm able to determine which seat it is (ex graco myride) I go to babies r us and buy buy baby . Com . I find the most expensive graco myride and least expensive graco myride between the two sites and calculate the average, and that is the amount I pay out, plus a refund for state tax. It's seriously a 10 minute process so I'm frustrated they are dragging this out for you :(

With regards to a seat recommendation I highy, recommend the graco nautilus or Argos. Keagan has one of each (one in my car one in H's ) and they are awesome. I've had a great run with all my graco car seats.

Random car seat woe.when I had Colby at the doctors the other day she made mention of the boys jackets. I told her I didn't like putting them in puffy jackets in the car, I'm really focused on car seat safety and that Colby was still rear facing. SHE ROLLED HER EYES AT ME. Then made a comment about them being "super safe" in the car. I mean, she is old, she probably never even used car seats with her kids, but ffs you are a pediatrician!!!
    end vent

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I had so much more to contribute to this thread. Maybe I will re read it. Maybe

• Options
    I need some input on what to do for Keagan for kindergarten next year. Depending on how long I can stay in the house, I want to move to one of the smaller towns closer to my work. Should I sign keagan up for kindergarten here and then switch him somewhere else whenever it comes time to move? My plan was to move Colby to a new daycare in the fall as well but I don't even know how to pull off getting them to two different places in the morning. Should I start looking for something long term for Colby at this point closer to my work and then try to plan my move around that? (He is 2? 3? More years until kindergarten) it's going to be so much change. I can't even think about it without crying. This shit is so hard guys.

• Options
    I know this thread is dead but I need to vent. I told you we are paying my step brother to paint the nursery and it's turning into this rush thing for me to figure it all out. He keeps wanting to do more and and more. I'm ready to just tell him never mind but DH wouldn't allow that. It's taking all the joy out of this for me. I told DH I'd give him the picture of what I want and he can go find paint tomorrow. It went from the nursery to a chalk board wall in our down stairs hallway to painting the hallway as well which requires picking more paint colors. Now I'm thoroughly cranky and over it. If I hate the color I'll go pick out my own some other time and re do it myself.  
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, I love this dress. My fake baby girl would definitely need a LBD for her closet.
    Floral brocade dress
    @hmp1, have you seen the Pinterest board "My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter"? It started because the woman had only sons and was in love with girl clothes, but morphed into satire. It's great.
    Yes, I follow her on IG too. I also have a secret girl Pin board "Mary Alice Francesca". A girl can dream!
    Can't you share secret boards with certain people? ;)

• Options
    I need some input on what to do for Keagan for kindergarten next year. Depending on how long I can stay in the house, I want to move to one of the smaller towns closer to my work. Should I sign keagan up for kindergarten here and then switch him somewhere else whenever it comes time to move? My plan was to move Colby to a new daycare in the fall as well but I don't even know how to pull off getting them to two different places in the morning. Should I start looking for something long term for Colby at this point closer to my work and then try to plan my move around that? (He is 2? 3? More years until kindergarten) it's going to be so much change. I can't even think about it without crying. This shit is so hard guys.
    I'm so sorry Holly. You are dining such an amazing job through this. Truly. 

• Options
    @redneckmomma25 YH was Army? Yes? 

I'm digging this blue -- 

• Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    If you do a dress for NB you can keep it more casual at 3m? 

• Options
    Or this H&M outfit that looks an awful lot like a Boden dress . . .

• Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    I also LOVE these BG sweatshirt dresses. 

• Options
    Ok I need to go to bed.  @-)

• Options
    @danabsd those are all adorable!
  • Options
    dimples12 said:

Hyaline said:

Mean vent: One of my friends is pregnant after trying for over a year.  She's very excited, we're very excited, yay, great.  Except she feels the need to overshare every tiny detail on Facebook, and currently the only details to share are the daily degrees of her morning sickness and whether or not she can discern what she ate last night based on her vomit.  FFS.  Limits, people.

I soak my underwear on the daily, and it's the middle of winter.  Can you tell me how to phrase that for a FB post?  kthx
    Gosh, now I think I should go edit my post from earlier. Sorry, guys!

Sharing stuff like that on here is totally different than sharing it on FB. Especially daily.
  • Options

Hyaline said:
    Mean vent: One of my friends is pregnant after trying for over a year.  She's very excited, we're very excited, yay, great.  Except she feels the need to overshare every tiny detail on Facebook, and currently the only details to share are the daily degrees of her morning sickness and whether or not she can discern what she ate last night based on her vomit.  FFS.  Limits, people.
    I soak my underwear on the daily, and it's the middle of winter.  Can you tell me how to phrase that for a FB post?  kthx
    Gosh, now I think I should go edit my post from earlier. Sorry, guys!
    Sharing stuff like that on here is totally different than sharing it on FB. Especially daily.
    Yeah, I'm all about sharing TMI stuff here and sparing my unprepared FB friends.  I mean, that's what we joined for, right? Gruesome and disgusting details of pregnancy, birth, baby, and kid yackiness?

....No?
  • Options
    danabsd said:
    @tinyhumantoe Get the birds! It fits with the nursery decor? No?
    I love this print too. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    danabsd said:
    hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    OMG, I love this dress. My fake baby girl would definitely need a LBD for her closet.
    Floral brocade dress
    @hmp1, have you seen the Pinterest board "My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter"? It started because the woman had only sons and was in love with girl clothes, but morphed into satire. It's great.
    Yes, I follow her on IG too. I also have a secret girl Pin board "Mary Alice Francesca". A girl can dream!
    Can't you share secret boards with certain people? ;)
    Ha, it is just a bunch of random things

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Hyaline said:

Yeah, I'm all about sharing TMI stuff here and sparing my unprepared FB friends.  I mean, that's what we joined for, right? Gruesome and disgusting details of pregnancy, birth, baby, and kid yackiness?

....No?
    I specifically joined to ask if anyone else had insane gas and aching boobs.  It was before I got my BFP, so yah, I was one of those.  :D

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @hmp1 I just followed you like a creep, but that board is not visible to me so I guess I can't steal your girl ideas ::weep::

• Options
    @hmp1 I just followed you like a creep, but that board is not visible to me so I guess I can't steal your girl ideas ::weep::
    You can't even see it from the link? Weird, I thought it was just secret from my list of boards.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @hmp1 not sure what your budget is but I stumbled on this iron bed that looks like it might be available in twin!
    https://www.garnethill.com/kensington-iron-bed-or-daybed/rugs-home-decor/kids-rugs-home-decor/117591?&defattribvalue=main

• Options

I would make the changes as you have to. Maybe I wrong. I would do it the easiest possible way for you right now. The boys will adapt and make friends wherever they go.

Big big hugs. I'm sorry this is such a crappy time for you. I hope you catch a break soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    @hmp1 not sure what your budget is but I stumbled on this iron bed that looks like it might be available in twin!
    https://www.garnethill.com/kensington-iron-bed-or-daybed/rugs-home-decor/kids-rugs-home-decor/117591?&defattribvalue=main
    Thanks for looking out for me! Since I am buying two beds and have to purchase another mattress and boxspring I am trying to keep it all under $1k. That bed is $828 for one, so way over my budget. I can get the RH version of the bed I want for $405 and it will put me just over budget so I may just go that route if I can't find the knock off anywhere in a twin.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @danabsd I just saw a you and a couple bumpies show up in my feed on FB. When worlds collide - ha! #creepystalkeralert 
    My search for shoes?

• Options
    danabsd said:
    @danabsd I just saw a you and a couple bumpies show up in my feed on FB. When worlds collide - ha! #creepystalkeralert 
    My search for shoes?
    Yes! I saw it come up and I was all 'Oh, I recognize that picture!' hahaha

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Coming in late but here's my $0.02 @holly_1007.  If you don't need to sign Keagan up for kindergarten right away, I would wait until you better know where you'll be in the fall.  Then when you're more certain you know where he'll be going, you can help pump him up with excitement about his new school, instead of having to change it between now and then.  If it gets closer and you're going to be in your house at least part of the school year, then sign him up.  

Are you going to need before school care for Keagan?  Or do you start late enough that you can drop him off at school.  Many daycares do before and after school care for the district nearby where the bus will just pick him up from daycare instead of home (at least we have those around here).  So you can find a center for Colby that you can drop off/pick up Keagan as well, that might help.  Or if you only need after school care, you can do the same thing and then at least you only have two drop offs?  If you can't do that, I would find a daycare that's close to Keagan's kindergarten so you can minimize the driving as much as possible.  

While we split many mornings between DH and I, we do have to do two drop offs by ourselves often as well.  It sucks the worst in the winter, but it's doable.  Brody loves it when he gets the chance to drop Aedan off at school before going to his school.  In my opinion, it's easier to drop off the little one first and the big one second.  I have to do the opposite (Aedan's daycare is at my work) - and Aedan gets distracted pretty easily in Brody's school, so I have to try to pull him out of there.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    FOllowing like a creep too, bwahahahahha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"