Postpartum Depression

Struggling week 3

My DH and I talked about having kids, however decided against it since he has 2 teenagers and is in his early 40s. It was a surprise pregnancy and she was born on Dec 19. Pregnancy itself was easy, emotional for his kids that once she was here was a lot easier. Now I struggle with her being here. I worried so much about stuff when pregnant that I thought this part would be easier. It's been hard with doing the every 2 hour feedings and trying to enjoy being w her but I just feel overwhelmed w being a FTM and everything changing. I worry about H and I's relationship and feel bad that he has to pick up a lot of my "slack" right now. Everyone says it gets easier..just keep waiting for it and it hasn't. Considering meds but that brings on another set of sad feelings. Sorry about the novel.

Re: Struggling week 3

• Hi, I had many of the same feelings early on as well. DH pretty much did everything for a few weeks until I had myself under control. I did end up going on meds, and I feel they helped, but that is a personal decision. Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. Things have gotten better.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Thanks for the reply. Everyone says it's normal, I just miss being myself. I feel that I should be coping with it better than I am.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's normal for baby blues to last a few weeks, but anything past that is definitely something you should contact the dr about. My son is 7 mths now and although I have some lingering effects it DOES get better! It's very early on for you, but things will start getting better.
    Make sure you see a dr and go to any PPD groups that may be offered in your area. It does help.
  • I've considered going on zoloft and I've heard positive things, however have also read a ton of bad side effects too. Makes me worried if I should try them or not.
  • i take zoloft with no side effects
  • @BK0186‌ my dr told me that Zoloft is one that most people don't have a reaction to. I'm sensitive to meds in general.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"