Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

New house - not sleeping in his room

help! My son just turned 2 in October.  Up till we moved into a new house in October, he was a great sleeper and slept through the night in his crib.  We would literally just give him a bottle and he would fall asleep on his own - no issues. When we moved into the new house, i felt bad putting him right in his room so i did not think it was a big deal for him to stay in our bed a few nights until he got adjusted and realized we'd be staying in this house for good.  WELL, hes still in our bed, almost 3 months later. Every single night, once he falls asleep in my bed, i move him to his.  We've had a few good nights where he has slept till 3AM but most nights, he will get till about midnight and start calling for me.  Not sure what to do because he talks now and i just feel bad hearing him call my name.  We tried doing "sleepovers" where my husband and i would put a blanket on the floor and we'd all watch tv till he fell asleep.  It worked but he'd still get up once he realized we werent there.  Any advice you can give would be great!!

Re: New house - not sleeping in his room

• Options
    When you go into his room MOTN, refuse to take him back to your bed and stay until he falls asleep. It will be a few difficult nights (maybe do it over a weekend) but he will eventually get it and stop asking. 

DS did the same when we moved, except he was in a toddler bed so he'd jump into bed with us in the motn. When he did, I'd wait until he fell asleep and then I would take him back to bed right away. Then I started refusing letting him sleep with us and sending him back and he now has stopped coming into our bed. DS was afraid of his room so we gave him a flashlight that he sleeps with. The last couple of nights he's turned it off before falling asleep so I think he is over it now. I'm not sure if that could help your son since you were the one initially inviting him to your bed but thought I would throw it out there. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    If you want him to sleep in his room by himself then he needs to start the night there IMO.

He's upset when he wakes up and he's no longer in his room or your no longer in his.

I would tell him that's what the plan is and he's going to his room. If he cried or calls for you go in and check on him but tell him he needs to stay in his room. It will be difficult at first but getting good sleep is important for everybody. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"