Trouble TTC
Options

Thankful Thursday

A quote that I have saved on my Pinterest a while ago really struck a chord with me this morning.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." - Dr Seuss

One thing I fear is losing myself so completely in IF that I don't see the good in my life that already exists. Please join me today in taking a moment to practice gratitude for the good things in our lives
**Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today I'm thankful for my best friend R. She's always there for me and knows just the right thing to say to help me calm down or just be with my freak out. I feel very blessed to have a friend I can talk to about all the things that are so hard. 

I'm thankful to you 3T ladies. I've never felt more support or that I've learned more than in the last week since joining this board. Thank you for embracing me and being there with me as I begin this journey. 
  • Options
    I am thankful for my DH! He is so supportive of me in all aspects of my life. At home, IF, my career, my direct sales business, and all of my crazy quirks! He is also one of the hardest working people I have ever met in my life. I am thankful he works so hard to make sure we're taken care of now and in the future. I'm also thankful his company realizes how hard he works... He just won 2014 Sales Manager of the Year!

I love this thread! It can be so hard to stay positive while dealing with IF and all of your thankful posts are such an inspiration to remember the good things in life.
  • Options
    I love reading about all of these supportive husbands and family members!  So glad to hear that everyone's feeling the love lately.
  • Options
    Ohhh @murrt .....I am SO jealous of you on that!  That is so awesome!!  I wish we had some coverage for IVF.  One of the reasons I am inclined to try at least a couple more IUI's is that they are pretty cheap for me (about $120 per cycle in the last 3 cycles I did with Clomid).  On the other hand, IVF will be completely OOP for me ....
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"