Single Parents

confused. *long*

So I've never posted on this board before but maybe you guys have some advice. I was with my boyfriend for 3 years we have a 17 month old and I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant. Since he left me a couple months ago my daughter has been seriously struggling with eating, sleeping, and hasn't been acting like herself. He was only seen her a handful of times and the longest was 2 hours. He won't commit to a schedule and blows her off Constantly. Today I finally just told him good luck and when he can make time let me know, other wise I was no longer going to try to force him to remain in her life.

So my question, did I make a huge mistake? Should I keep trying to force it or just give up and raise the girls by myself?

If you read all that thank you so muxh, I know it's super long. Also excuse the typos I'm on my phone.

Re: confused. *long*

• No, not a mistake. You can't force anyone to be something they're not. Your DD will get mixed messages and will end up getting more hurt by him being flaky than if he were just not there.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks it's just so hard to know he doesn't care about her. Oh well I'll just make sure she always knows she's loved.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your making the right call. Your kids will wind up more hurt and confused by you trying to force him to be involved.

I know it hurts to know they dont care but remember that it isnt your childs loss it is your exes loss. It is your ex missing out not you or your children. They will be loved and cared for by you, your friends, and family.

My sons bio dad wants nothing to do with him has never laid eyes on him and i agree it sucks but my little man has an awesome relationship with my dad.
  • @Becwheat brings up a good point get a custody order and document document document
  • @becwheat @MinnesotaMomma91‌ I went to juvenile court to get a visitation/custody order and they pretty much laughed in my face. They said that I have full custody because we were never married and he has to be the one to file for visitation. So I guess I just wait it out and see if he cone around or file something? Also thank you for the advice and encouragement. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"