August 2014 Moms

**Teething. What's up with those pearly whites?

Use this thread to ask about teething, bitch about teething or AW a nice set o pearly whites.

Re: **Teething. What's up with those pearly whites?

• Sophie the giraffe...worth it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mfsunshine222mfsunshine222 member
    edited January 2015
    Sophie the giraffe...worth it?
    Yep!  Would buy another one if she ever gets lost.  Very expensive for what she is, but DS loves her!
  • Loading the player...

My kid doesn't use it for teething... He just sorta fumbles it around in his hands and quickly drops it.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • So once she has her teeth popping through, what do I need to start doing to take care of them? Do I just go over them with the little finger scrubber once a day?
    They came through 2 days ago, and I have yet to attempt to do anything with them yet, well other then yelp in pain when she bit me while nusing :(

Yes! DS has been chewing and playing with her for a couple of months now. No teeth yet, but he loves her! He also usually calms down when we squeak her, too. :)

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

Yes! DS has been chewing and playing with her for a couple of months now. No teeth yet, but he loves her! He also usually calms down when we squeak her, too. :)
    My LO loves the squeaker too! He smiles for days when I squeak it.

• DS1 had 3-4 teeth by 6 months.  DS2 - nothing!  I don't even know what to do with this.

Yup!  DS loves chewing on the face and reaches for her when he sees her.
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• We love Sophie too!
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • You guys are convincing me to sort threw some of our unpacked boxes from moving. I got two Sophies and a Sophie with handles on it and I have been way too lazy to really search for them but maybe she would actually like her and stop only wanting to nom on my fingers.
  • Eena1242 said:
    Sophie the giraffe...worth it?
    Yes, but only if you have dogs that can behave themselves. My sister's dog got ahold of Sophie, and it was a sad day.
    This.  Our dog has been WONDERFUL about leaving LO's toys alone, but Sophie might be a doggie casualty if left in the wrong spot...that squeakier is WAY too tempting! 
  • Big Sophie fans here! She chews on her face and gets really excited whenever I bring her out.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @JessicaTheMessica‌ I can feel his little tooth poking through and I can barely see it when he's not preoccupied with nibbling my finger.
  • Sophie finally came in the mail today. LO loves her, the dog freaks every time she sqeaks. It is kind of funny to watch.
  • I found her sophies today. She loves her already. I wish i could time travel and save my fingers some pain.
  • My LO's tooth just surfaced 3 days ago and has been waking once between 3:30-5:30 for some extra comfort. Annoying that she hasn't been STTN but I'm of course happy to do it because she's hurting!

My question is how long did it take for your LO's tooth to completely pop out and does the pain get better or worse from the point where it just starts peaking through?
  • My LO's tooth just surfaced 3 days ago and has been waking once between 3:30-5:30 for some extra comfort. Annoying that she hasn't been STTN but I'm of course happy to do it because she's hurting!

My question is how long did it take for your LO's tooth to completely pop out and does the pain get better or worse from the point where it just starts peaking through?

My LO wakes during that time just for comfort too... Weird.
  • @leannerivers once DD'S teeth finished poking through she returned to her normal self, so I think that is the most painful part. She went through about 2 or 3 days of the teeth working through the last part of the gum and she was not a happy camper for those 2 to 3 days.

• Anyone using Punkin Butt Teething Oil?  I ordered some from Amazon, it should arrive today, I know I read somewhere (might have been on here) that it is the only natural stuff that really works IF your baby can stand the taste.

I kind of have a problem sticking anything with the word "butt" in the name in my baby's mouth...is it just me?

• My LO is wearing an amber teething necklace. Idk if it's working but so far he teething hasn't been bad. She's making a new squeal sound that I think is her ouchy voice.
  • So this is the first I've heard of Sophie the giraffe...and now I have spent my afternoon buying all the giraffes.
  • ChrisseB said:
    LO loves her Sophie, but quickly gets frustrated that she can't fit more of her in her mouth. She's much more into her Nuby ring because of it.
    My LO loves the Nuby ring to, but I think it's because he through it farther for me to go retrieve.  He gets nice and drooly and then flings it into a part of the carpet covered in cat hair, I suspect on purpose.  :)
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Does anyone else have a super mucusy LO?  I was up half of the night suctioning out DD's nose.  I read that it can be teething related (it did seem like clear mucus that wasn't running out of her nose but was instead causing her to cough and have a miserable time eating).  Ugh.  I hope this doesn't last long or I'll never sleep.
  • @jendem8, I didn't know the snots could be due to teething! Mine's been the same way. I thought she had a cold but she's been fine otherwise and it seems to be lasting longer than a cold would. Thank goodness for the Nose Frida!
  • I bought an amber necklace on Amazon last week.  I tried it on DS on Saturday and Sunday (he only wears it when I supervise him) and it has cut back on the drooling tremendously.  I don't know if it helps the pain much (his hands are constantly in his mouth still), but certainly has helped with drooling...  So much so that he went several hours without constantly wearing a bib. 

I also bought these awesome teething rings.  DS has a Sophie, which he likes, but he seems to like these rings better.  Which is awesome because they are less expensive, there are multiples and Sophie is starting to be really tempting to our dogs!  :)  
  • Anybody else's baby extra sleepy during teething?

I know usually we think of teething and worse sleep, but DS has taken looooong naps the past couple days, and just seems wiped out. I'm pretty sure it's teething, because he's fussier and droolier than usual, is shoving fists in mouth, and finds relief if I give him a chilled teether to chew on.

image    image
  • Does anyone's baby seem like a molar is bothering them? I don't think it'll push through, but the back has definitely been bothering him. And there are some little hard bits poking through. I've read that some teeth begin erupting and then recede again. And I've read other moms thinking they're getting a molar first, but no one ever follows up.
  • Are any of you suffering from bites while BF. My baby just got his bottom teeth fully out this week and he has bitten me like 5 times already. It hurst soooo bad it makes me upset and not want to feed him again. My milk supply is good enough for him to eat from me but not good enough to pump it. I have tried and not vey much comes out so that I could give him my milk in a bottle. I am torn I definitely wanted to feed him to at least 9 months but after his bites I am not sure I can. I am afraid to put my boob in his mouth every time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"