One & Done: Only child
Options

What Do You Have Cooking for this Cold Weather?

Crockpot stew chicken is on the menu today. I threw in red potatoes, garbanzo beans, chicken legs, and onions. My house is going to smell the bomb.com when I get home. BTW it's 12 degrees here today.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: What Do You Have Cooking for this Cold Weather?

• Options
    Checking in at 3 degrees in Michigan. :( I forgot to thaw out the roast but we were supposed to have crockpot pot roast today so I'm totally jealous of the smell that you'll be coming home to tonight! On Tuesday, I made crockpot Sesame Chicken from a recipe on Skinny Taste, which was turned out great. I find Asian dishes in the crockpot to suffer sometimes but this one comes out awesome and it's all ingredients that I usually have around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    eyenigh said:
    Checking in at 3 degrees in Michigan. :( I forgot to thaw out the roast but we were supposed to have crockpot pot roast today so I'm totally jealous of the smell that you'll be coming home to tonight! On Tuesday, I made crockpot Sesame Chicken from a recipe on Skinny Taste, which was turned out great. I find Asian dishes in the crockpot to suffer sometimes but this one comes out awesome and it's all ingredients that I usually have around.
    I'm always looking for new recipes, so I'll have to look that up! I'm sorry you forgot, I know how that feels and it is not fun. Maybe you could grab a family size lasagna and stick it in the oven? That's usually my go-to when I forget to thaw meat, which isn't often.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    -8 here with a -18 wind chill. Good lord.  School was delayed 2 hours.

And I have BBQ chicken in the crock pot that I'm going to shred later for buns. Yellow rice and green beans on the side.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    We're having leftovers tonight but I have been using the crockpot a lot this week!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    I did an oven beef stew on Tuesday and we're having that again tonight.

Last night was a ham/potato/sweet potato/cheddar casserole and there are leftovers there too.
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    We are actually at a balmy 17 degrees today.  Think I will make some Swedish meatballs and dill red potatoes.  I should have got the pork roast out to make bbq sandwiches!
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Kld2014 said:
    We're at 40 right now, I can't imagine -8! 
    Damn cold, is what it is!!  Never in the history of our school district since I've been around have they delayed school because of cold. I'm in upstate NY! But wow was it cold. My legs burned after about 2 minutes in it and my gloves appeared to not work at all. 
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    We had a snow day today. 0 with a wind chill of -20! This is ridiculous!

I made pasta for lunch. We are going a little stir crazy here so we might brave the cold to get dinner. Otherwise I'll make tacos.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    kristennd said:

Last night was a ham/potato/sweet potato/cheddar casserole and there are leftovers there too.
    This sounds like it would be awesome!

• Options
    kristennd said:

The photos with the recipe aren't very appetizing but it turned out well.
  • Options
    kristennd said:
    kristennd said:

The photos with the recipe aren't very appetizing but it turned out well.

Thanks!

• Options
    @Kld2014‌ that looks great! I may swing by the Japanese super market tomorrow to pick up some authentic noodles. Well, it's not so cold here, but I did a noodleless lasagna, garlic bread and a bagged ceaser. Should be ready in about fifteen! Are you all using crock pots with timers? I'm at work too long to set it up before I leave, but I get nervous that even if I bought one with a timer, the food would spoil before it starts cooking......
  • Options
    @SandAndsSea‌ any meats better for longer days? Seems like beef maybe?
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    Kld2014 said:
    I actually made something I'm proud of! Sesame noodles/chicken. The recipe was for just the noodles but I made extra sauce and out it over chicken. Yum.
    Recipe? That sounds good!
    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/sesame-noodles/ It was so easy! I subbed tapatio for siracha because I didn't have it. Oh and I didn't have any garlic, I think garlic would have made it better. So I made a second batch of the sauce for the chicken and added some brown sugar (I don't measure sorry) and then just stir fried it all together. It got a little soupy but it was good I just drained the sauce but H put it over his noodles.
    I'm going to make this this week!  It looks awesome and easy!
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"