Infertility

Amenorrhea Q

Hello all, I am 22 yrs old and will be TTC in the coming year. A little history: I battled an eating disorder from 14-16 and had irregular menstrual patterns during that time, then gained regularity upon getting healthier. At age 20, I lost weight again and also lost my periods again. Since then, I HAVE gained and maintained a healthy weight and lifestyle, but have yet to have a period in over 2 1/2 years. I am very fearful that conception will be difficult and have been seeing my ob/gyn and an endocrinologist to begin addressing the issue. I did 2 (10-day) rounds of Provera in hopes of jumpstarting a menstrual cycle, with no success. Has anyone had any similar story or can offer any personal insight/feedback? Thanks in advance.

Re: Amenorrhea Q

• I have had an intrauterine ultrasound in the past couple months and every element of the exam was within normal limits. I re-visit the endocrinologist tomorrow to review my bloodwork and make sure all hormones are within reason. Thanks for the input. I am just at a loss as to why I have yet to obtain a period. The only other thing I can even guess is my exercise regimen (4/usually 5 days a wk.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"