Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

if I started my 4 1/2mth old on baby food and then stopped her would it cause constipation

She was doing good then my sitter thought her tummy was upset so she stopped her and I went along with it. Now my baby is very fussy and constipated.

Re: if I started my 4 1/2mth old on baby food and then stopped her would it cause constipation

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Did your Pedi tell you to start food this early?
    I know this question was presented to the op, but I wanted to respond, my pedi told me to start dd on rice cereal and then move onto other items when she turned 4 months. I was surprised but then started doing some research. According to what I read, some sources are saying starting children on solids between 4-6 mo's can help cut down on food allergies. DD will be 5 months next week and I just started rice cereal yesterday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started it myself. Cereal and veggies because she watches us eat and also she's going through her formula like crazy. She's eating 6oz every 2 hrs. She's a big eater.
  • Options
    We are going through the same thing. Our doctor told us we can start cereal at 5 mo. so we were doing just one feeding, after his bottle, and mixed with formula.  LO turned into a fussy baby, constipated and down right crabby.  We stopped rice cereal all together 2 days ago, and got him pooping again (mixed water with prune juice). He seems like a much happier baby now.  Was it too early to start cereal?  Are we going to have this same trouble when we try again in a few weeks, I am not sure.  I can tell you, he loved eating it, did very well with the spoon and gets excited when watching us eat.  
  • Options
    I started it myself. Cereal and veggies because she watches us eat and also she's going through her formula like crazy. She's eating 6oz every 2 hrs. She's a big eater.
    So because you are too cheap to buy enough formula for your child, you are filling her with empty calories?
    SMH. 
    Food shouldn't replace BM or formula until much closer to 1.

And yes, the iron added to infant cereals can cause constipation.
    I guess I am going to WK here, but seriously how in the world did you come to the conclusion that the op was too cheap to buy formula? 
  • Options
    SanRemo said:
    So because you are too cheap to buy enough formula for your child, you are filling her with empty calories?
    SMH. 

I guess I am going to WK here, but seriously how in the world did you come to the conclusion that the op was too cheap to buy formula? 
    Because "she's going through formula like crazy."

I thought the same thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    SanRemo said:
    SMH. 

Because "she's going through formula like crazy."

I thought the same thing.

I read that statement as, my kid is just so hungry all the time and maybe we should make some additions to his/her diet. Based on a doctors advice of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"