July 2013 Moms

CPW: Diaper Size

EagleWifeEagleWife member
edited January 2015 in July 2013 Moms
Because we haven't talked about diaper sizes in a minute. What size is your J13 baby in as we hover around the 1.5 year stage?

CPW: Diaper Size 141 votes

Newborn
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
17% 25 votes
49% 70 votes
21% 31 votes
4% 7 votes
Cloth
4% 7 votes
Potty Trained!
0% 0 votes
Special Sized Snowflake
0% 1 vote

Re: CPW: Diaper Size

• 4's, though I have been putting him in a 5 a night because he was soaking the 4's...so far so good. 
  • redhead610redhead610 member
    edited January 2015
    5.99 related question: anyone else having major leak issues at night? We have tried every brand and all overnight diapers, and he leaks out of the top of every single one! Do I go up to a 5 even though the tabs on the 4 touch? (Ds generally sttn, so I don't need the extra size help there ;)) any other ideas?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • 4's but I don't think I'm going to buy another big box of them. They fit but I feel like with all the wiggling he does during diaper changes it might be easier to just go ahead and move up to a 5. I know 5's fit him ok because that's the size my niece is in and we've used one of hers before. 
  • We are up to Pampers 5s also. The 4s technically still fit, but they are also a little short and leak for overnights, so 5s it is. 
  • 4. 5.99 related question: anyone else having major leak issues at night? We have tried every brand and all overnight diapers, and he leaks out of the top of every single one! Do I go up to a 5 even though the tabs on the 4 touch? (Ds generally sttn, so I don't need the extra size help there ;)) any other ideas?
    @redhead610 - we had super leaks like that in October and November (wet from ribs to knees) with the 4s,which is why we went to 5s. I tried Baby Drys and they still leaked occasionally so I just went back to Cruisers and tried to slow down the water after 5 PM. It seems like it must have been a phase. Maybe she was learning how to hold it and releasing her entire bladder at once or something? I don't know, I might just be making that up. But we haven't had any leaks in a while. *Knock on wood*
    They are starting to be a bit snug so 6 is in our near future.
    @redhead610‌ we've been doubling at night and that stops leaks.

• We will be moving up to 4s as soon as we are done with this box of 3s. Our neighbors gave us some 3s they had left so we are trying to use those up.
  • Target brand size 4, but they are starting to seem too short so next case we will move up to 5's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Byjove03 said:
    She is in size 5, but *shocker* @haddocky I like the naty baby diapers and there sizing is slightly different from most US sizing. I think she would be in a US 4?
    Fancy diapers ;)
  • I said size 4 which is what he is in during the day. He's a super soaker at night though so I use size 5's overnight. The size 5's still frequently leak, but not as the size 4s at night did.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are in 6's.  DS is short, but he has a really round belly.  He's always been at least a size ahead in diapers.

@encchanted I'm not looking forward to paying for pull-ups either!   

• 4, and I can't even imagine her being 37lbs, so I think we'll be in 4s for the duration unless she doesn't potty train until kindergarten.

(also, the poll jumped, so it looks like I picked "6" but it's lying)
  • Byjove03 said:
    She is in size 5, but *shocker* @haddocky I like the naty baby diapers and there sizing is slightly different from most US sizing. I think she would be in a US 4?
    Yeah, we have to go up a size if we use Natibaby.
  • 4.  He can technically still wear a 3, weight wise, but he has such a long torso that the 4's just fit better.
  • 5s. I moved to those like a month ago because she's so tall and I felt like it wasn't covering her back side enough. Poop liked to come spilling out.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I'm so relieved there are no votes for potty trained lol. Target size 5s...which very rarely leak.

imageimageimage

• Ben is in size 4. Mostly bc we went to target and they were out of boxes of size 3. And we've always sized him up.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • We use Target 4's during the day, but Huggies 5's at night.
  • We're finishing up our last box of 4's. He's got a big baby booty so sometimes he flashes cheek lol

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• atlvol said:
    4's, though I have been putting him in a 5 a night because he was soaking the 4's...so far so good. 
    This :)
  • Cloth. We bought pampers size 3 for our trip and experienced our first ever poop blow out in the airport security line. They did well the rest of the trip though.
    5.99 related question: anyone else having major leak issues at night? We have tried every brand and all overnight diapers, and he leaks out of the top of every single one! Do I go up to a 5 even though the tabs on the 4 touch? (Ds generally sttn, so I don't need the extra size help there ;)) any other ideas?

We had to double the diapers at night as she was transitioning between 4s and 5s. I would put on a 4, then cover it with 5. We did that for about a month. Now that she fits better in a 5, we are back down to one diaper a night.
  • We were in a 5 until Nico had a growth spurt. Now he is swimming in the 5s, but I am too lazy to switch my subscribe and save.
  • Finn wears a 3. Fun fact: Thomas, who is now 3 years, 4 months is in a 4 and they fit him with room to spare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Just went to 5's because the 4's were just a bit awkward. They still fit but it was just time.

• @adeb9562‌ we use size 5s and I'd be surprised if she weighs more than 25 lbs. It's more about shape than size, I think. 4s technically fit on her, but are a tad too skimpy and ended up leaking way too often so 5s it is.
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited January 2015
    Pampers Cruisers go up to a size 7 @maryannespier‌ @Encchanted‌
    They aren't exactly cheap either though.
    https://www.amazon.com/Pampers-Cruisers-Diapers-Economy-Count/dp/B00DDMIMUW

These are .26 a piece if you do subscribe and save Pampers Easy Ups Boys Size 3T4T Value Pack, 90 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005U9Y2Z0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_eRxSub1J8GWS5
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • We use clothodt of the time but use Naty ones at night and are in a size 5.

They fit snugger than most other disposable diapers I've found, though over Christmas I used a Pampers size 5 and it still fit him okay, albeit with room to grow.
  • 4's and only recently in them. Target was out of 3's so we sized up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"