High-Risk Pregnancy

Low lying placenta w/ discharge

at 27w I had some bleeding (streaky pink) and went to the hospital.. I was told I have a low lying placenta and was put on bed rest. I'm 28w5d right now and see my doctor next week. Every day it's been different. Sometimes I have a little pink and sometimes I have brownish, or darker beige discharge. This happens in the morning only and then rest of the day nothing. This morning I had like a small clot (size of a smarty) and then brown/dark beige and now nothing again. Should I be worried or should I stay calm and wait to see my doctor next week and go from there? What does the clot mean? It was kind of dark, barely any red/pink and it had that browny/dark beige around it.

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ;) Made me feel better for sure. After I passed that browny clot it decreased more and more. This morning I woke up to barely anything. Hopefully it gets better, but if not, at least I know what I should be really concerned over. Deffinetly looking forward to seeing my doctor as well to put some insight on everything. But most of all praying that the placenta moves up and all is good :)
  • Good luck to you! I also have this diagnosis, and it's nice to hear from other women who are going through the same thing. Keep us updated on how you are doing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have complete placenta previa and have also had a bleeding/clot episode.  Brown clots and bleeding are from older blood.  My midwife was more concerned because mine was bright red.  With a low lying placenta there is a very good chance that your placenta will move up and out of the way.  Good luck!  Any bleeding in pregnancy in unnerving.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to see the doctor today and she extended my leave until the 30th. The reason being is she wants to see my ultrasound next time, scheduled for the 27th. She said if it hasn't moved, that I will be done work for sure at that point.

I'm curently 29w5d. So I will be almost 32 weeks when I do the ultrasound. Hoping it moves by then..

I also forgot to ask her all the questions I had lol...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"