Minnesota Babies

Help me to help a Mom!!

Asking for Help!!! 
Okay, I have a friend who just had her twins (a boy and a girl), because they were born much earlier then they were supposed to (at 32 weeks) she had to quit her job to take care of them. My friend is from Poland, therefore she has no family around beside her in laws, who dont help at all, and she is simply going nuts. I visited her yesterday and she shared how stressed out she is financially because the things are so expensive and now only her husband works. I really would like to help her so I was wondering if any of you with young kids would have baby things to donate. Maybe you even have formula left that your kids dont need anymore! She is using Neosure from Similac right now, which is ridiculously expensive. Maybe you have diapers left (newborn size) that you dont use anymore? or maybe some clothes and other things that might be helpful?
If you do, please please let me know. I will be happy to pick it up and bring for her. I will be coming to her house again on Monday to help with cleaning, laundry, and cooking too.
Thank you so much for helping!!

Re: Help me to help a Mom!!

• Hi- I'm guessing that people here may be a little hesitant to let someone from an online chat group come to their house but good luck!  Nice of you to want to help out.  

There was a thread on here from just a couple of days ago from a gal who is looking to donate a bunch of baby stuff- you may want to try reaching out to her.

Hope that helps!
  • Wow, when I posted this, not for one second crossed my mind that people would think bad about what I was trying to do. Thank you for letting me know. I thought that since you are moms and I know sometimes you just have formulas and diapers that dont work for your kids anymore and you dont know what to do with it, maybe you could donate to someone in need, but maybe I just came to the wrong place I guess...
    BTW, I dont need go to your house, we could meet at the coffee shop orneven at the January brunch as I will be there, but I get it. Thank you though.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you will be at the brunch I can bring some similac sample containers that I have.
  • Thank you! That would be wonderful!!!!!
  • have her call the formula company. We had twins and they sent us a huge case of free formula!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Absolutely get her signed up for "Formula Checks" (they're coupons for formula that are run through at the checkout like a regular check).  That'll help out A LOT!!!  Also, purchasing Formula from Sam's helped because we were able to get the larger containers.  And yes, contact the formula company as often they will provide samples for Mom's in Need.  (also a side-note - for all the expecting Moms - When the hospital offers you the formula samples to take home with you - ACCEPT THEM!!!  Then if you do not plan to use them donate them ASAP to the food shelf!!!)

A few resources locally for her - check with her church!!!  Often they're willing to help out new Moms especially those of multiples.  I've heard some churches going as far as to set up a schedule where they come to the house and take care of baby while Mom gets a little free time.  But mostly, many have women's groups who are happy to help out when they know a specific individual from the parish in need.  It may also be a great way for her to get out and expand her social circle as well. 

Next, Total Life Care Centers...  I know our church has a PnP set out for families to make donations. 

Also I believe Catholic Charities may be another resource for her. 

WIC may also be a short-term option for them as I know they help out with the cost of basic formula.  Food shelves are a bit of a challenge sometimes, so something to factor in. 

...and make sure to bring this poor woman some Paczki's (pronounced poonch-keys) from the bakery!!!  She's earned them!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh Wow! So many resources we had no idea about! Thank you everyone. I will definitely pass it on to her! I was also able to get 2 boxes of clothes, books, and 4 cans of formula! This will help her so much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"