November 2013 Moms
Options

Zulily anyone?

Ok fashionistas, anyone else shop on zulily?

I joined after recommendations from a co worker, and love looking through all their cute stuff for LO.
I purchased a few items for baby and would buy more (clothes, toys etc) once we need any of the stuff. 

But, now i'm also looking to update MY wardrobe but a little hesitant to purchase stuff online from companies I've never worn, especially since you can't return it.
The prices look really good, assuming the quality is there. So, have any of you purchased items for yourself off Zulily? Any companies you like or dislike? '

I almost never buy pants or dresses online, but shirts/ sweaters etc are easier.

Thoughts?
TIA!

Re: Zulily anyone?

• Options
    Thanks @klongoria11, I'm hoping not to join another shopping site, but would consider it if its really worthwhile. 
    I love the Hautelook ads on TV where the woman is like 'my day hasn't started until I shop on Hautelook'! Yeah, if I started off each day shopping online i'd be in real trouble!
  • Options
    The clothes and toys for the kids are okay on zulily but I'm not a fan of what I've bought for myself on there.  I would much prefer to use ideeli or gilt (which are both similar to hautelook).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CaiShov said:

The quality is really hit and miss on Zulily. I have gotten great stuff and terrible stuff. As long as you only buy brands you are familiar with, you'll be OK. Sometimes shipping takes a really long time too. They also occasionally oversell. I've gotten greats deals on stuff like an SSC and Toms though.

I agree with this.
  • Options
    I agree with @caishov you need to make sure to stick with brands you know. We got 4 pair of stride rite shoes for the kids. I ordered larger sizes and glad I did because they took about a month to get here.
  • Options
    I think I am Zulily's best customer. I buy a lot of things for B and have rarely been disappointed with the kids stuff.

I do agree with @CaiShov‌ to a degree, especially with the woman's clothing

Big thing I've learned....know your prices. Often the same items can be found elsewhere at similar or even lower prices....from places with an actual return policy.

I can say that despite the lousy return policy, Zulily has excellent customer service. On the few occasions I've had issues, they were resolved quickly and I've been given a credit for troubles (even on top of a refund).
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I think i might stick to the kids stuff and brands I know for now unless something is inexpensive enough that its worth the gamble. If anybody has purchas a brand that they liked please still let me know, I'm sure there are tons of good brands out there that i'm not aware of.

I do know shipping can take a while because they have to wait for the whole 'event' to end before they ship anything, which is fine now that I know that. 

I might check out Hautelook as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"