June 2013 Moms

TTMA infant gas remedies

Miss M has been screaming before/during/after farting for most of the past week now. Between farts she's totally fine and doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. It's much worse and frequent in the middle of the night (peaks generally 3-7am). I've tried to burp very thoroughly throughout the day and in the evening with limited success. My LC recommended Gerber Soothe probiotic drops or Simethicone gas drops. Did any of you use either of these with any success? Something else? I'm hesitant to give anything to such a young baby (or to shell out money for snake oil) but she seems pretty miserable and neither of us is getting much overnight sleep.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTMA infant gas remedies

• We had the windy thing and the only thing that ever came out of it was poop. It didn't help us.

When I saw the ad, it just looked like it was a poopchute. I'm sorry that's true.

Anniversary

• She's just BF. She's had a few Breastmilk bottles and doesn't have any trouble with them - lansinoh mOmma.
    Part of the problem is probably that in the evening she will only settle if we're side-lying nursing and then we both fall asleep and she doesn't get sat up or burped. Actually that's probably the whole problem. She's mostly fine during the day. Hm. Conundrum.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Picked up Target gas drops yesterday and had a much better night! I also handed her off to DH and endured the witching hour screaming instead of side-lying nursing (which wasn't really helping last night anyway). Hard to say if it was the drops or the routine change, but this isn't for science, it's for sleep preservation!

I'm pretty sure it's gas. I have a forceful letdown, so she swallows a lot of air as she gulps and tries to keep up, and definitely needs to be burped. Benjamin had regular reflux, so he just spit up all the time to deal with it. I definitely prefer burping.

Thanks, ladies!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"