Working Moms

Any runners on here?

edited January 2015 in Working Moms
I'm trying to be serious about getting in shape, and I have a running question.  I checked out the Health and Fitness board, but it seems to be out of date, and mainly populated by currently pregnant mamas.  I'm not pregnant, I'm more than 2 years PP, but I still have my droopy post-pregnancy pooch.  Long story short, I'm trying to do a couch to 5k program on the treadmill (with the goal of taking it outside in the spring), but the new compression pants I bought (old navy) keep falling down.  I was apple-shaped even before I got pregnant, so my hips are smaller than my stomach.  I won't fit into a smaller size, and I don't think it would help anyway, I think it would just give me a muffin top, and the pants would still squeeze down.  I tried yoga pants, but those are really uncomfortable because my stomach jiggles. I was hoping the compression pants would provide more support (and they do...until they fall down).

I've scoured the web, and apparently stomach jiggling and pants falling down are both common problems.  However, I haven't seen any solutions!  Does anyone know wtf I should do??

ETA: should I try maternity running pants? i'm thinking if they come up over my stomach, they'll provide support and won't be able to fall down? kind of embarassing to wear maternity pants 2 years after being pregnant, but hopefully it's a short-term problem.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any runners on here?

• Girls on my birth board rave about Lululemon pants. They are expensive - but they say that they are worth the money and last very well.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm shopping online now :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a pair of capris at the Gap outlet during one of their sales.  I didn't have high hopes but I love them.  They have a higher waist and I wore them through most of the pregnancy (they are not maternity, just gap body I think).  They stretched out nicely without digging in and I can still wear them now PP and they have regained most of their shape.

I have a UA pair and are not compression, but they are definitely more rigid and sizing runs small.  I felt like they were low waist so just make sure you select ones that mention they have a higher waist.

Good luck on starting your running program!  Some days are hard but stick with it.  I found a Moms Run This Town group in my area.  I joined on FB and haven't had a chance to meet up with anyone yet, but reading their updates about their runs is nice motivation to keep going.
  • I'm a runner but my problem is a big butt that jiggles to the point of pain when I run but keeps my pants up pretty good. :p

Way to go on the running and good luck finding pants that work for you!

• If you want read a good, informative, real and funny book on running, I just finishes "Running Like a Girl" by Alexandra Heminsley and it was awesome. I think I got it for $0.25 on amazon.
  • edited January 2015
    How about a wrestling singlet?

ETA: Dude. If it's slow at work, google "wrestling uniform." It's good for awhile and then you start wondering, "What am I looking at?"
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"