Boston Babies

Did you know?

A friend of mine just went through something scary with her family, and child. Her home was on the older side, much like many Boston homes, and she found out recently that her little girl had lead poisoning from the paint. She didn't think her home was hazardous, because the paint is intact and she has done a great job trying to make it a safe environment. Apparently the windowsills gave off lead dust when opening and closing that was microscopic. It's definitely not something I ever really consider, but it makes you wonder! My child's daycare is in an old church, and the elementary school near by is so old I attended it (haha!) Just a thought, I wonder how many people, especially in these public places, keep up to code with lead paint? 

Re: Did you know?

• Unfortunately it can be quite common in the older buildings. That is why pediatricians should be asking you about the age of your house and then I think it was at the 15 month appt ours tested our son for lead (even though our house is newer). It is scary though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"