Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Teething or something else?

My LO is about 3 and 1/2 months old and today he just burst out into a crying fit out of nowhere. He was perfectly fine one second and then literally the next second he went into a full blown crying fit to the point where he could not breathe. I tried comforting him like I usually do when he is upset (holding him, swaying and rocking)...but it just got worse. He started clawing at his face like he wanted to crawl out of his own face. Could this be from teething? Does it cause pain all of the sudden and then just stop? I felt so bad that I wasn't able to calm him or figure it out...Made me nervous that something was seriously wrong! Anyone else have this or something similar happen?

Re: Teething or something else?

• I suspect it may be teething. My LO started doing that randomly not long ago and I was confused at first but then realized he may be teething. It can happen early too.
  • my DD started teething at 6 weeks.. yes 6 weeks old !! it could be teething as others have said - or even over stimulation. this happens to my DD when she's seen too many people / over whelmed kind of thing .. takes a while for her to calm down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"