Secondary IF
Options

Biggest Loser check-in 1/5/15

Hey Ladies!  Time to send me your weights and talk about our week!

Tell us:

1.  Something you are proud of 
2.  Something you need to work on
3.  Your plan

QOTW:  Let's share some low-fat recipes!!

imageimageimage
My FF Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
TTC #3 since June 2013
BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

Re: Biggest Loser check-in 1/5/15

• Options
    AFM:

1.  Something you are proud of 
    I made it to the gym 3 times last week and worked hard while I was there!  I also mall walked once (lol)
    2.  Something you need to work on
    Apparently I gained 7 pounds over the holidays :(  And I gained 2.5lbs since last Monday :(  I am the heaviest I have ever been in my non-pregnant life.  I need to lose 17 pounds to get back to the weight I was before my first miscarriage in 2013.
    3.  Your plan
    I decided not to join WW, I want to try eating healthier and exercising and see if I can do it that way.

QOTW:  I'm making crock-pot stuffed peppers right now, if they are good I'll share the recipe!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    1.  Something you are proud of - I started running again and finished week 1 of Couch to 5K.  I even made myself run in the rain!
    2.  Something you need to work on - I need to stop eating so much
    3.  Your plan - As much as I don't want to I think I need to keep track of what I eat again.

QOTW:  I usually make this once per week and I think it is low fat-ish.  My DD really loves it so that is a major plus.  I add in tons of spinach, corn and a few tomatoes to the bean mixture.  I also cut way back on the cheese.

Me: 34 DH: 36 
    DD#1 04/28/11

TTC#2 since April 2012 - Unexplained Secondary IF (probably PCOS)
    Dec 13-March 14 Femara and TI - BFN
    April 2014 IUI#1 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    June 2014 IUI#2 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFP 7/9/14 - No HB on 8/13/14 @ 8w4d
    Nov 2014 IUI#3 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFFN
    Jan 2015 IUI#4 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    Feb 2015 IUI#5 Converted to TI (7.5mg Femara) - BFP 3/17/15!!!
    Beta #1 82, Beta #2 202 Please let this be it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @frenchteachermama I gained this week too and it is so frustrating.  I don't even want to admit how much I weigh over my pre-pregnancy weight.  At least I think all of the crappy food is gone from our house at this point and I usually really good about not buying junk.  
    Me: 34 DH: 36 
    DD#1 04/28/11

TTC#2 since April 2012 - Unexplained Secondary IF (probably PCOS)
    Dec 13-March 14 Femara and TI - BFN
    April 2014 IUI#1 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    June 2014 IUI#2 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFP 7/9/14 - No HB on 8/13/14 @ 8w4d
    Nov 2014 IUI#3 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFFN
    Jan 2015 IUI#4 (Femara + Ovidrel) - BFN
    Feb 2015 IUI#5 Converted to TI (7.5mg Femara) - BFP 3/17/15!!!
    Beta #1 82, Beta #2 202 Please let this be it.
  • Options
    1.  Something you are proud of - I got up and ran on NY Day and hit up a new spin class on Friday. 
    2.  Something you need to work on - I need to cut back on the booze and sweets

3.  Your plan - I started tracking on MFP again and talked DH into it as well, so we created a mini competition at home. I am hoping he lasts longer than a week this time. I also just got back from the grocery store with all sorts of yummy salad toppings and smoothie ingredients. 

QOTW:  Let's share some low-fat recipes!! I make a homemade sloppy joe with ground turkey or lentils instead of beef. I add tons of veggies, a bit of tomato sauce and a couple squirts of BBQ sauce. I throw it all together and simmer. This recipe is a good starting point, though I add a bit more veg that this.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Ah crap. I didn't weigh again. I guess I'll half-play for some accountability. :)

1. I have stuck to decent portions and cut down on snacking on junk. Granted, we are only a week into the new year, but it's a start!
    2. I need to get to the gym and workout more than once per week. I have consistently played soccer every Saturday for like 3 years now but have not done well with working out Sun-Fri.
    3. My plan in general is: no waste, no excess. I am cutting our grocery bill by shopping sales and we went back to the envelope system for a lot of our spending. As a result, DH, DS, and I have not eaten out yet in 2015, which is really great for us. We've been really great about eating leftovers which 1) saves lots of money and 2) is just healthier. My plan is to keep that up!

QOTW: we tend to stick to low sugar and don't worry as much about the fat, but we have been LOVING veggies roasted in a little avocado oil and a pinch of salt. DH made some fantastic Brussels sprouts last night and some crazy good asparagus 2 nights ago. Just prep veggies, put on roasting pan with a driZle of avocado oil and sprinkle a little salt (pepper too or other spices if you want!) and roast until they start to brown. DELICIOUS.

It's not super low fat, but he also made roasted buffalo cauliflower that I'm seriously in love with. Take cauliflower florets, roast with a drizzle of oil and spices you like (we used salt pepper and garlic), then toss in a mixture of hot sauce and butter. You could skip the butter and it would still be amazing.
  • Options
    pdxveg said:
    1.  Something you are proud of - I started running again and finished week 1 of Couch to 5K.  I even made myself run in the rain!
    2.  Something you need to work on - I need to stop eating so much
    3.  Your plan - As much as I don't want to I think I need to keep track of what I eat again.

QOTW:  I usually make this once per week and I think it is low fat-ish.  My DD really loves it so that is a major plus.  I add in tons of spinach, corn and a few tomatoes to the bean mixture.  I also cut way back on the cheese.

Good for you!  I love the couch to 5K app myself!  I'm with you on #3, I always think I can do it on my own and then I over do it every day.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    1.  Something you are proud of - I got up and ran on NY Day and hit up a new spin class on Friday. 
    2.  Something you need to work on - I need to cut back on the booze and sweets

3.  Your plan - I started tracking on MFP again and talked DH into it as well, so we created a mini competition at home. I am hoping he lasts longer than a week this time. I also just got back from the grocery store with all sorts of yummy salad toppings and smoothie ingredients. 

QOTW:  Let's share some low-fat recipes!! I make a homemade sloppy joe with ground turkey or lentils instead of beef. I add tons of veggies, a bit of tomato sauce and a couple squirts of BBQ sauce. I throw it all together and simmer. This recipe is a good starting point, though I add a bit more veg that this.

My problem is booze and sweets too.  IF makes me drink (LOL).  I'm going to try your sloppy joe recipe next week!  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    annibes said:
    Ah crap. I didn't weigh again. I guess I'll half-play for some accountability. :) 1. I have stuck to decent portions and cut down on snacking on junk. Granted, we are only a week into the new year, but it's a start! 2. I need to get to the gym and workout more than once per week. I have consistently played soccer every Saturday for like 3 years now but have not done well with working out Sun-Fri. 3. My plan in general is: no waste, no excess. I am cutting our grocery bill by shopping sales and we went back to the envelope system for a lot of our spending. As a result, DH, DS, and I have not eaten out yet in 2015, which is really great for us. We've been really great about eating leftovers which 1) saves lots of money and 2) is just healthier. My plan is to keep that up! QOTW: we tend to stick to low sugar and don't worry as much about the fat, but we have been LOVING veggies roasted in a little avocado oil and a pinch of salt. DH made some fantastic Brussels sprouts last night and some crazy good asparagus 2 nights ago. Just prep veggies, put on roasting pan with a driZle of avocado oil and sprinkle a little salt (pepper too or other spices if you want!) and roast until they start to brown. DELICIOUS. It's not super low fat, but he also made roasted buffalo cauliflower that I'm seriously in love with. Take cauliflower florets, roast with a drizzle of oil and spices you like (we used salt pepper and garlic), then toss in a mixture of hot sauce and butter. You could skip the butter and it would still be amazing.
    There are many things I love about this update.  I've never thought about using avocado oil!!  We have truffle oil at home and it's delicious!  I'm obsessed with buffalo anything so I think I'll try your cauliflower.  I love your plan of no waste no excess too!!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"