December 2013 Moms
Options

Weaning & AF - (TMI)

AF made her return for me around 8 mo PP. I want to say, starting around 11mo PP, they changed from normal 1 a month to every 2 weeks.  I recall this happening when DS1 had weaned completely, but I was PG again within approx 3 months of that so never really thought much of it. When I got PG, we did have the early ultrasound to confirm how far along I was since I wasn't sure if the last time was a real period or just 'break through bleeding' as my OB referred to it back then.   Right now, DS2 is down to nursing only at night, so at least once a day at bed time, or could be 2-3 times in a 24 hour period depending on how he sleeps that night.  Being the height of flu season, I haven't been too concerned to get that nixed completely yet, but this every 2 week period really sucks! before I ever first was PG, I could track AF down to the day & what TIME of day AF would start for me.

Have any other weaners experienced this?  I have to get in soon for my annual exam anyway & will bring it up to my OB then, but was curious if anyone here has experienced this.  Did your regular cycle come back eventually after fully weaning?

My 2 December boys

Re: Weaning & AF - (TMI)

• Options
    AF came back for me at 6 months and is fairly normal/regular.  I was still BF and pumping full time.  I have not noticed a change since partially weaning. I am no longer pumping and only nurse at bedtime and through the night.  I hope you figure out what's going on soon and it all evens out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"