June 2014 Moms
Options

New Years Resolutions

Anyone got any resolutions? 

Did anyone successfully achieve last year's resolutions?

Re: New Years Resolutions

• Options
    Every year I make a few resolutions that I think are achievable. For the past 3 years I record them on my phone and check to see which I fulfilled and which I didn't. For this coming year I'd like to 1) Pay off our highest interest student loans, 2) get my CIA, 3) get promoted, and 4) get our sunroom tiled. 

I fulfilled probably half of last year's resolutions so I'm trying to make less for 2015. 
  • Options
    I gave up on concrete resolutions because I'm bad at following through with them.  This year I'm focusing on living better.  Taking better care of myself physically, which is going to start with continuing my trips to the gym twice a week.  Taking better care of myself emotionally, which means continued therapy and asking for help or alone time when I really need it.  Taking better care of my loved ones, be it feeding my kids or listening to a friend who needs to chat. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made a resolution last year to lose 10 lbs in one day. Accomplished that with a 9lb baby :)

This year, the goals are to:
    - find a better balance of being a mom, wife and FT worker
    - save up money each month to go towards a kitchen remodel
    - work out 2-3x/week
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• Options
    I hope to get rid of some bills (trading in my car and get something less expensive) etc.
    Go to church more often or ever. We always say we are going to go and for some reason or another we don't make it.
    Also now that LO is old enough to go to the daycare at the gym I really want to get back to my workout and running routine. Before I got pregnant this time (baby number 3 for me) I was working out 3 days a week and long runs on Saturday. I would love to get back to that.
  • Options
    Make my bed every day.
    Generally be more organized, it makes life so much easier.
    Be nicer to myself, I can't do it all. Or so they tell me. I'd like to try.
  • Options
    1. Take time to do my hair and makeup every day.
    2. Find a babysitter so DH and I can have a date night.
    3. Be more patient with my mom.
    4. Go easier on MIL because even though I don't always understand and/or agree with her, at least she makes an effort.
    5. Be less emotionally invested in family members who don't make an effort.
    6. Finish my shutterfly books.
    7. Lose 5 pounds
  • Options
    @ugabamafans‌ I'm really liking Liane Moriarty books right now. Also, The One and Only was really good (Emily Giffin). Easy reads, but I'm trying to get back into reading for pleasure also
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TheGizzmoTheGizzmo member
    edited January 2015
    Not much for resolutions so I'll make it simple (although not easy) and attempt to cut back on swearing. DH and I both have a bad habit of it and really need to cut back so a swearword is legit not our babes first word!
  • Options
    I have not set mine up yet.  Some of the ones you all have posted are really good. 
  • Options
    A small, clearly definable goal.  No soda.  I usually make really broad or extrememly lofty goals and they never end up happening. This one is easy, but will make a big difference in my health and it is easy for others to help keep me accountable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"