May 2013 Moms
Options

Breakfast ideas

I need help!!! When DD got sick a few weeks ago with a fever and ear infection her eating habits changed.

She went from eating everything to beimg picky but her pedi said it comes with age and not to force just make sure shes getting healthy snacks if she wont eat a meal. We finally got back to the swing of things but she basically gave up breakfast and that used to be a meal she always chowed down and set the path for the rest of the day.

She wont touch pancakes, waffles sometimes, scrambled eggs when shes in the mood but its getting her to sit and eat it in the morning thats hard. I'm trying to find some new ideas to see if they'll spark her interests again.

What are your LO's breakfasts usually like? Your go-to breakfast?

TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Breakfast ideas

• Options
    Maybe try a blueberry or other flavor of waffle/pancake. LO will inhale anything other than normal pancakes and waffles. She also likes toast/Cheerios and bananas. Another thing we do is a cheese stick sometime as well.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    We often toast an English muffin and put either PB or Greek yogurt cream cheese on it with yogurt and a fruit, blueberries, chopped bananas, tangerines, grapes, or melon. We also make banana bites pretty regularly where you slice a banana in disks and dip it in pancake batter, quick and easy. We can't get K to eat eggs at our house but he eats egg and cheese quesadillas at the sitter's. Cereal with yogurt and fruit is an easy one for us too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These are all great ideas ladies! DD loves yogurt & fruit so thats usually what she ends up getting but I want to venture out. She used to eat soo good ; scrambled eggs with half a hash brown , fruit of her choice or a waffle with pb & fruit. Now if you ask her she just wants yogurt & fruit and will refuse anything else. She does love smoothies though so maybe I'll do more of those and sneak in veggies.

However come lunch she will devour the same thing she refused for breakfast. It's so frustrating!

@kcwnc banana bites sound great! She loves bananas so that may work!

• Options
    @3timemom That is us right now. She wont sit for breakfast at all its driving me bananas! So cereal bars work for us to but I'm trying to venture out a little bit. When we go get breakfast with her playgroup or if we are invited to a brunch I think she is the only child that wont touch a pancake . 

I'm going to try different flavors to see. I just want her to get back into eating a well balanced meal in the morning!!

Sometimes i have to put nutella on whatever I am offering to get her to eat it. 

• Options
    My lo loves waffles and banana pancakes (I make both in batches and freeze).

Have you tried oatmeal? We have oatmeal often made from plain rolled oats. I put raisins, really finely chopped walnuts, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup (it's my breakfast too). He loves the raisins in it especially.

We do a whole grain (waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, or toast), protein (eggs or yogurt), and fruit every breakfast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO isn't much of a breakfast eater either. We do fruit, yogurt, belvita bars. Sometimes she'll do a waffle. I once gave her a pancake with a few chocolate chips in it and she ate that lol.

• Options
    @kcwnc‌ - those banana bites sound amazing!! Do you just cook them like you would a pancake?

For us, J usually has eggs with ham, oatmeal with yogurt or applesauce mixed in, pancakes or french toast. He has fruit at every meal but not until after he has eaten the other stuff. If he sees the fruit he won't eat anything else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options

@kcwnc‌ - those banana bites sound amazing!! Do you just cook them like you would a pancake?

I would like to know as well, please!

• Options
    Yep, just like pancakes only so much quicker. I usually dip them into the batter on a fork and drop onto a griddle pan. I think I found them on the weelicious website,  I've also tried their pineapple carrot muffins, spinach pancakes (that I put cream cheese on) and several others that have seemed to be hits. If I ever get a weekend with both my husband and I home I usually spend one morning making toddler friendly meals that I freeze. My H likes most of those too!
  • Options
    Our go-to breakfasts are cheese eggs, cinnamon toast, fruit and Greek yogurt, or blueberry muffins.
  • Options
    Along with the other great ideas, DS also eats a bagel with cream cheese. I give him half and he will usually eat 3/4 of the half.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    LO loves French toast (I make my own so there's no added sugar), blueberry waffles, strawberries and dry Cheerios, scrambled eggs, cheese stick. He always has his cup of milk so sometimes he just wants a banana or a pouch.

I just made muffins today that may work for you: 2 ripe bananas mashed up really well, mix with a cup of oats. I added chocolate chips but you could add blueberries, or nuts, or nothing. Put in muffin tin and bake 20-25 mins at 350. Healthy, easy, and tasty.
  • Options
    Muffins, fruit, cereal with milk (he loves doing it like his big brother), toast, cereal bars
  • Options
    A always has cottage cheese for breakfast and a fruit, and then bites of my cereal. After spending two weeks at my parents he's OBSESSED with Little Cuties. So now he gets a scoop of cottage cheese and a whole cutie.  Sometimes he'll eat eggs, but only if they have cheese and spinach in them.
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
  • Options
    Eggs with cheese when we have time, yogurt and cereal when we don't. She will eat almost anything if it's on DHs plate.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow these are all great ideas and to think at one point my DD ate mostly everything listed. I'm going to try to reintroduce different breakfast foods a few times a week and see if she will pick up on them again. 

I love the easy reciepes you guys shared. Thanks so much!! Honestly i thought i made it out easy with a child who eats with no complaints and then she turned 18 months ! lol 

A loves fruit of any kind and yogurt. Its finding a complex carb thats the hard part right now. I gave her scrambled eggs with cheese , half a cereal bar and blueberries this morning and she ate half of everything on her plate , which is progress! Different combos may help us out.

Thank you again for all the awesome ideas. I need to go food shopping!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"