December 2014 Moms
Options

Witching hour!

so from around 9pm until 11-12ish is my LO's witching hour(s). What about you guys?

It's rough for my husband because we have a routine need i head to bed around 8-9 and he stays up (like he did pre-LO) until around midnight taking care of the feedings. Then I take care of the rest of the night. It is just rough for him because she screams through most of his time lol. I try to rock her to sleep for him before I head to bed and that sometimes works but definitely not always.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
(TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

Re: Witching hour!

• Options
    Totally random right now. He's currently awake... Usually makes it maybe an hour to two before he crashes. I've had nights where it happens at 3 AM, and most mornings he's awake between 9 and 11 or so (I guess he can't miss The Price is Right like me!). Totally hit or miss though... Haven't established a pattern yet.
  • Options
    My LOs crazy hours are typically midnight to 4am. Sometimes it extends to 7am. He's not awake that whole time but is very very needy. When in bed, if he drops his paci he immediately screams. Between 4-7am if feels like that happens every 10 mins. But from midnight to 4am he's pretty consistant my unhappy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apparently ours is right now.
    We've been trying to get LO to bed around 8 or 8:30 so we can get into a routine since I return to work tmrw. That being said, I've been trying to get her to sleep since 7:45 and it's now 11:15. It's been like this the last couple nights. Hubby got up once since 9 to try to help but was unsuccessful. Only way to get her calm is to put her on my breast.... She is just using it for a pacifier and it gets painful but she isn't liking her actual pacifiers right now. I've nursed her to sleep like 4 times but as soon as she lays down she's wide awake. Man, tomorrow is going to be a rough first day back to work!
  • Options
    Ours is right now. Starts around 11 and lasts until 3 ish. He will sleep for a little while if laying on one of us but as soon as he gets layed down he wakes up. He is just staring at me with huge eyes right now as I hold him. I go back to work in a week... it's going to be rough.
  • Options
    Ours have been changing daily. Some of the days lately it seems as if it is all day/night. The minute I think we are getting into a pattern he throws me for a loop. Consistency is in the future I'm sure but right now seems far away!
  • Options
    12-4:30 am like clockwork!! Fussy if he's not attached to a boob... He is wide awake the whole time. During the day he eats and then sleeps, not sure why that turns to the complete opposite at night, we are still working on it! He is 2 weeks old today and I go back to work in a week ( at home daycare) so I'm really hoping we get some sleep at night!
  • Options
    It changes every day but usually it is between dinner time (5ish or whenever he knows I am just about to eat) and 11:00 pm. I have had mornings like this as well but not too often. 

• Options
    So looks like I'm not alone on this lol. As I said, LO can't be soothed from 9-11/12 it seems and we've tried so many different things. She will take her pacifier for a little bit, then we will make a bottle part of the way through and she'll eat a half an ounce, sometimes I'll be nice ( :-P ) and help my husband out during those times and have her lay on me until she falls asleep (which doesn't even work all the time). She is almost 5 weeks and still loves to fall asleep on me, but not really anyone else. BUT when I do that during her Witching hours I can't move or else she wakes up and is back to working out those vocal chords lol.

I feel bad for my husband since he always feels like he's done something to upset her. He's not understanding very well that it's not him, it's just her cranky couple of hours...which just so happen to be when he's taking care of her lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    Depends on the day! It can be between 12 to 530. It is always the middle of the night though!
  • Options
    Right now it's basically all day every day. He is 6 weeks today so it's another growth spurt time and I guess this time it means he wants mom all day every day. I really can't complain too much, I love the cuddles and I'm addicted to baby wearing.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Changes a bit, but usually from about 8pm until midnight. Last night it was from 7:30-1:30.  Wish I could get her to sleep by 11. 
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For us it's been from about 10:30/11-3/4am. She will doze here and there but no solid sleep. I am the only one that can hold her all day. Plus, she's 3.5w so growth spurt doesn't help. This mama is tired! And I just wanna go wander target and sip coffee...maybe one day she will allow me to put her down for more than 30 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"