September 2014 Moms

Needing to be held

I just started back at work yesterday, and FI stays at home with our girls. He said he's having a hard time because DD2 will cry all day unless she's being held, and of course he has to be walking around with her. He can't do that much though because he has a bad knee and has to take care of our other DD too. Any suggestions for what we could try? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Needing to be held

• Have you tried a bouncy seat or a swing? My LO went through a phase of wanting to be held constantly with his last leap, so we tried a bouncy seat and he will sit there contently for about an hour or so. On days where he was super clingy I wore him in the baby bjorn while I did what I needed to do around the house.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Can he wear her? For a longer period of time you might want to look into an ergonomic carrier like an ergo or boba that doesn't put any pressure in baby's hips.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • The ergo carrier saves me when I'm taking care of the 4 year old I nanny. But that does not help his bad knee I suppose...

Maybe it is just a leap or growth spurt? Or maybe she is tired and isn't getting to sleep before the overtired begins? I never paid attention to when my son slept until I read healthy sleep habits happy child and realized he should not be awake longer than 2 hours at a time. We have a good eat play sleep schedule now. He is 13 weeks old.
  • I am going to go a different route and ask if she could be bored? My little guy is going to be 15 weeks tomorrow and when he is crying and I can't figure out what the problem is sometimes he just needs some toys or something to grab his attention. This just started in the last 2 weeks maybe and he is loving toys. I actually found an exersaucer type of toy on a garage sale site and it's his favorite thing now!

Hopefully things will calm down for you soon but thought I would offer another idea!
  • Babywearing. Seriously, this has saved DH & I. We have an Ergo, but DD doesn't fit it quite yet so we use a woven wrap. They look intimidating, but they are so easy to use and can grow with LO (ours is rated for healthy newborns up to 40lbs I believe). I strongly recommend looking into a wrap. We love ours and couldn't survive without it. 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies. We have an ergo, but even with that it'll bother his knee. I think she might just be bored. It was my day off today, so I moved her swing into the living room where we spend most of our time, and I showed him how he can rotate her between the swing, her exersaucer, activity gym, doing tummy time and being held. Hopefully it goes better tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"