June 2013 Moms
Options

TTMA Yeast Infections

Before my post partum period came back I'd never had a yeast infection.  Now with each PP cycle, I'm 2/2.  Given that I now know what it is that's going on, and it's Saturday morning, no way am I waiting itchily until Monday to get in to my doctor when I can go pick something up at the drug store this morning.

Anywho - those of you who get yeast infections - what OTC stuff do you use?  Is there anything I can do to prevent these?  I eat a decent amount of yogurt already, but maybe I should start taking probiotics too?

BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Re: TTMA Yeast Infections

• Options
    Monistat will work well, and try to avoid the 1 day cream. The 3 day will work better even though it's annoying. Are you on bcp? Some may work against your body and can cause one. Other than that, the usual things will help - cotton undies, no pantyhose/tights, yogurt or probiotics. They are awful - hope it passes soon!
    Sadly, no.  I guess it's the combination of extended breastfeeding and periods making conditions really strange down there?  I have no idea.  I'm already doing all the "usual" things you've listed, so I'm peeved to be dealing with this.

And thanks for the recommendation on the 3.  I was definitely leaning towards the 1 day stuff (because, yeah - 1 day!), but I'll pick up the 3.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Oh, and any thoughts on cream versus ovules?  The latter certainly sounds more convenient.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually get the 1 day ovule with the cream and use the ovule overnight while I'm sleeping. I haven't had any problems with it!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh YIs are so annoying. I know the 1 day sounds great, but there could be a price. I got the 1 day one oncertificate because I just wanted it over with. I woke up crying my eyes out in pain from the burning that occurred. It lasted for hours, and there was nothing I could do to make it go away. It was horrific. I found out later that the meds I the 1 day are super super strong, and since things were already iirritated down there, it just made it worse. I always stick with the 3 day now, and I swear it works better than difl.ucan.

Good luck!
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

weird question, but do you wear tight pants? Back in my younger days I used to go commando and wear tight yoga pants (no i didn't do yoga). And that was a contributing factor around the time AF came to visit. I changed that and BOOM! no more YI. also the probiotics help a lot, are you peeing after intercourse? also another silly question do you wipe front to back? 

Not any tighter than the last 10 or so years of my life (jeans addict, and not skinny jeans). And yes to the last two.

I need to do some more research on probiotics - but that seems to be the one thing to try out!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"