July 2014 Moms
Options

quiet coffee makers?

We have a kuerig that is so loud and dh occasionally is out the door before we get up in the morning and avoids making coffee these mornings so the stupid thing won't wake us up. He told me today he wants to get some kind of glass jug to brew coffee in with boiling water and refuses to accept my rationality that I don want to fool with boiling water in the am when things are crazy with 2 Lo running around (I use the keurig to make tea as well)..anyone have any quiet coffee makers? Maybe we just need to uparade our keuring?

Re: quiet coffee makers?

• Options
    I have a Tassimo and it's not too loud. 
  • Options
    I think my regular ole drip pot is quieter than the Keurig.  You know, as long as you're not grinding beans that early.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Mr Coffee with a glass carafe and it has an option to turn the beeping off. Thank god, I would be so annoyed if I had to listen to that everyday. I have this coffee maker and a Keurig and I rarely use the Keurig, mama needs her coffee and it's easier to make a pot at a time.
  • Options
    Mine has a button in the front, sorry you have to listen to that!
  • Options
    The glass jug is a French Press and it's worth boiling the water, trust me. It will be the best coffee you ever have. All you do is put course grounds in the bottom, pour hot water over the top, let sit for 5 minutes, plunge the grounds to the bottom with the lid thingy, and drink. Because the coffee grounds sit in the water instead of having water pushed through them the flavor is better. Also because there is no paper filter, all the good coffee oils stay in your coffee!

Mmmmm. I should dig out my press today.
  • Options
    Are you sleeping in the kitchen?  My Keurig doesn't seem that loud.  I have a pretty small house and wood floors, too.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    Lol not sleeping in the kitchen but the noise travels down the hall and it makes a really loud roaring noise..DH sometimes leaves at 3 am and knows that I will not be a happy camper if he wakes us all up at that time
  • Options
    Perhaps your baby is not keeping you up enough to have you pass out in a total coma??  ;)

I know what you mean about the keurig though - some are louder than others and it is possible to hear them from afar.  Since I've been staying home, we've been using a Mr. Coffee (not programmable, just one button) for daily coffee... we still have the keurig that we use for tea water (or if we have company, depending on the people we have a tea pot and a french press), and it seems to work out.  My husband gets up early, makes a pot of coffee... he leaves some for me when he goes to work, so I get my coffee, and if I need water for tea, I use the baby keurig (our bigger keurig stopped loving us about a year ago).  :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but is this a real question? This sounds like a post for "first world problem Wednesday," FFS.
  • Options
    I vote legit question. Coffee is no joke. I'm also Team Husband- get the French Press and an electric kettle.
  • Options
    Yes it is a real question..the problem is dh is a coffee lover and I'm not.. otherwise the bigger drip coffee pots would definitely be an option..I thought sleep deprived new mom's would be an excellent group to poll about new cofee makers..thanks for the input ladies!
  • Options
    When I had a French press in college (wasn't allowed to have a coffee maker in my dorms if it wouldn't auto shut off) I used a plug in kettle that heated the water up and then would throw it in the press. Super easy.

I now have my Keurig but the sound doesn't bother me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"