July 2014 Moms
Options

5 month sleep regression?

Good morning ladies!
I have heard of 4 month sleep regression but haven't heard 5 month. We missed the 4 month but I think it hit us in month #5. DD wakes up every hr or every other hr so I usually take her into bed with me during the night and nurse just so we both get sleep. She and I fall back asleep within minutes usually but the whole being woken up constantly is tough. She also isn't a great napper so she really isn't ever rested. Hoping this gets better soon
BabyName Ticker 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: 5 month sleep regression?

• Options
    From what I can tell there are just sleep disturbances every few weeks!  Things get good and you'll be all like "hell yeah!", and then it will all go to crap again....then get good...rinse, repeat.  

I just keep in mind what my friend with an older LO told me, "they aren't little babies forever."

:)

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sleep regressions are rough! Hang in there!

Are you looking for advice or just wanting to commiserate? The 4 month and 6 month sleep threads are fairly laden with information if you're looking for tips. I'd check them out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The "four month regression" hit right at five months here.

Also, keep in mind that some LOs continue to sleep worse and worse as the first year goes on. Between teething, increased mobility, and separation anxiety, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. I find its best to go in with low expectations and not expect LO to reliably STTN; otherwise, I end up frustrated/disappointed when they don't.
  • Options
    Thanks! I was just wanting to commiserate with those in the same boat and to see if I am in for a long haul or maybe just a few weeks. I have a feeling like someone else said its every few weeks. Yay!
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine also hit at 5 months. Was STTN since 2 months (lucky I know) then would wake screaming. Only would sleep being held. That part is getting better but now if she wakes will only go back down on her tummy. If we try the back its instant awake and screaming.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"