March 2015 Moms

How do you know if you're leaking amniotic fluid?

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I've had clear urine the past few days in between my normal potty breaks. I am going to the bathroom more frequent lately, which is normal, but I'm wondering if I could be leaking fluid? I have a lot of discharge as that's normal, but I'm wondering if I should be worried or not? Any others have this or had these same symptoms?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • elysa77 said:

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I've had clear urine the past few days in between my normal potty breaks. I am going to the bathroom more frequent lately, which is normal, but I'm wondering if I could be leaking fluid? I have a lot of discharge as that's normal, but I'm wondering if I should be worried or not? Any others have this or had these same symptoms?

Thanks!

I am so confused about when exactly you are peeing extra. Clear urine *in between* potty breaks? So you're pissing yourself enough that you can see the colour?

This seems like the kind of question that someone in person can answer, especially as you've phrased it. And that someone should probably be a doctor.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • From someone who didn't realize she was leaking amniotic fluid the first go round, call your doctor.
  • I honestly don't understand why you are not asking your doctor about this.  For real, don't get it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Call your doctor. The only way for them to know is to test the discharge (little swab) to tell of it's amniotic fluid.

Also, I second everyone who said call your doctor! Leaking fluid can be a sign of labor/preterm labor. When I went into labor I didn't gush fluid I had a slow leak of amniotic fluid.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard that amniotic fluid is clear and has a sweet smell. I don't remember what it smelt like when they broke my water during labor since it's been 5 years but I know you can tell the difference.

I've been extra leaky lately too. It's increased cm and as gross as it sounds, urine. It's normal around this point.

Try wearing a panty liner and you'll be able to see how much your leaking and the color. I mentioned being extra leaky and soaking my panties during an appointment and my doctor made me do the swab test. It turned out just to be normal pregnancy CM. I agree with the other girls, you should have called your Dr as soon as you noticed. It's not something to play around with.
  • etoille said:

Why can't these people ever come by asking for investment advice with like login information to their bank accounts?

I'm thinking if they aren't smart enough to see a medical professional for medical advice, they probably can't hang onto money long enough to invest it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Like PPs have said, if you have to ask yourself "is this amniotic fluid?" Then you should be visiting your doctor, immediately.

If your underwear/pad is constantly wet, then yeah, you should go get it checked.
  • Dear @Papermoon13, (what a lovely name by the way)

I do happen to notice that this is your very first post ever and I do also hope it will be your last, as coming here with the sole purpose of scolding all of us will likely not endear us to you for future interactions. I hope this was polite enough for you to understand as you do not seem to have a grasp of our current culture as it has been for the past seven months or so. Please have a lovely day *sips tea*

ETA: for clarification my pinky was out while I drank my tea.

tea.jpg 17.8K
  • Whitfry said:

I know this one! It's super easy to tell, actually. 

Just taste it. Amniotic fluid tastes like crystal pepsi. In fact, I think thats why crystal pepsi got recalled in the first place... there was some question about the actual ingredients. 
    Now that made me lol. And pee a little. Damn now I really got to go!

• Why can't people just nicely answer her question with "could be seriously you should go see a doctor"? Why get rude? She just asked a question and I aplaud the people on here who told their story and were sensitive. I'm sorry elysa77 that some people don't know how to be polite.

This does not bode well for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"