January 2014 Moms
Options

Are you giving out favors at your LO's party?

holly142holly142 member
edited January 2015 in January 2014 Moms

Are you giving out favors at your LO's party? 73 votes

Yes
43% 32 votes
No
49% 36 votes
SS
6% 5 votes

Re: Are you giving out favors at your LO's party?

• Options
    I have mixed opinions on giving out favors at birthday parties.  I haven't decided if I am going to give something out at DD's party and I am curious as to what other people are doing.  If you are giving out favors, what are you doing? 

I went to one party where everyone got a little cup to use with lunch and then take home.  I thought this was cute, but many of the same kids are coming to DD's party, so I don't want to do this again. 

I am doing a Winter one-derland theme and thought about giving out snowflake cookies to take home.  
  • Options
    I'm doing cookies, something small. Favors should be a nice thought as a thank you but not a "gift" in my opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm giving out homemade Minnie Oreo cookies, a webkins stuffed animal to "adopt" bc her party is at a local zoo, a Mickey or Minnie 2015 calendar (bc I was stuck on favors at the time) and a goodie bag with a few favors in them...practical favors...plus, the zoo gives out favors, which I just found out about today....so, they'll leave with a bunch of stuff...eh, kids love stuff. There are 16 kids ranging from 8 months to 4 1/2 yrs old...plus parents totaling 40 people. DS is an August baby..his party was outside at a park and 70 people. I feel like I'm cheaping out for DD. I know some people aren't doing anything and think I'm nuts.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I'm not big into the goodie bag favors just bc I think it's too much. I decided to go with hot chocolate favors, the kind that you have in a cone with marshmellows on top. The look super cute and are cheap and easy to do.
  • Options
    I did Frozen sticker books ($1 bin at Target), playdoh, and some balls and straws I had leftover from DS' last party. I'm not opposed to favors but I could live forever without any more tattoos and erasers. All the children attending are 3 and up.

• Options
    Homemade sugar cookies in the shape of a snowflake :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No party, so no favors. I remember getting goody bags as a kid though. They had stuff like pencils and fun erasers (not really for a 1 year party though)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    There will be 7 to 9 other kids at DS's party. Since DH wants to do Cars as our theme I'll go get hot wheels and some candy. If I can find Cars cups I'll put them in those.

For DD's birthday party the kids got buckets and shovels with squishy balls for in the pool and bubbles. Her party was at the park with a splash pad.
  • Options
    Most guests will be adult family so I'm thinking we will just do homemade sugar cookies in the shape of Minnie Mouse heads.

• Options
    We're having a family-only party, so the favors I'm considering are photo magnets. Mostly as a thank you to our family for their support over the past year, and partially because my kid is cute and I think they should see her on their fridge all year long. ;) 
  • Options
    I am doing a goody bag for the kids. There's also a pinata
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Nope to much work and costly
  • Options
    I found this article interesting: https://www.brainchildmag.com/2013/08/the-case-against-party-favors/

DH and I are very frugal.  DD is having a beautiful party thanks to a ton of decorations that were loaned to me. The food will hopefully turn out delicious.  My husband is going to bbq or smoke meat, plus we will have side dishes, drinks and cupcakes.  I don't want to spend extra money on something the kids are just going to throw away. 
  • Options
    I voted no because likely we won't have kids at the "party" (it'll probably be more like a family dinner, really), and if we do they'll be babies. If there were going to be toddlers or older kids there I probably would have little treat bags.
  • Options
    No, the kids that will be at the party are mostly older (like over the age of 10) and don't need party favors anymore IMO. There will be one 2 year old there and he has no clue about favors either, so I'm not doing them.

Also, we are paying for a shit ton of food. Party favors seem over the top when we are already feeding people lunch and cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"