Birth Stories
Options

My Labor/C-Section

So my DD was due 10/19/14, because I have such bad migraines I decided to have an elective C-Section.  I figured the migraine I would be having during labor would be so intense I wouldn't really be 'present' for the labor experience.  C-Section seemed like a good idea for us.  We scheduled it for 8am Oct 13th.  However, on Thursday Oct 9th, I felt a little funny.  Nothing in particular, just, a little odd.  I made a mental note to keep a close eye on how I was feeling that night & the next day. 
Friday Oct 10th, about 10am, I started having consistent contractions, not painful ones though so I was confused as to what was happening.  Eventually (maybe 10:30ish) I called the birthing center, they told me to lay down on my side for an hour and drink lots of water then call them back.  I did that, and the contractions only started getting stronger and more frequent.  At this point, they were about 15 minutes apart.  I called my husband and told him he needed to come home (takes about 45 min for him to get home) He left right away, I finished packing my hospital bag and jumped in the car when he got there.  We went to our hospital (about 25 minutes away) and ended up going into the OBGYN Clinic area.  My OB checked my cervix and I was dilated enough that the baby was coming!  They got me to the birthing ward and were trying to get an IV in me, it took them over 45 minutes just to get the IV in!! By the time it was in, my contractions were 30 seconds apart and I was screaming for it to stop.  Eventually they got me into the OR, got the spinal block in (wow what a relief!) and my baby girl Autumn Raine was born at 3:42pm, she came out kicking and screaming! - 5lb 9.2 oz, 18.75"
I was so tired it was all I could do to keep my eyes open just to see her.  My husband held her next to my face for a few moments before they ran all their tests.  She was (and is) perfect.  =)
I had a scheduled c-section to bypass labor, instead I got labor & a c-section.  Woohoo! 
imageimageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
5.jpg 72.5K

Re: My Labor/C-Section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"