June 2015 Moms
Options

WFD - New Year's Edition

What's the dinner plans for this evening and tomorrow? Are you having the traditional meals to bring money and good luck, or something that's more of a personal tradition? Better yet, are you ordering your favorite take-out?!

TTC #1 June 2014
BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

BFP-10/25/14, EDD-6/23/15 7/6/15

Re: WFD - New Year's Edition

• Options
    Almost forgot to mention what I'm having, oops.

Tonight I'm going home and making some crawfish étouffée (yum), then tomorrow we'll have shrimp and crab gumbo (double yum) at my parents. Hopefully there will be some cabbage in there somewhere! 
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

• Options
    Pork chops and black eyed peas. I'm also making this crab dip that's a sentimental family tradition. 

I'd love a Chinese, but I've got to face that damn scale Wednesday afternoon! 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually cook for New Years.  We normally do something fancy - lobster, steak, etc.  But I'm dialing it back this year.  We're doing Southwestern buttermilk baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @finchfeeder80 - I feel your pain. DH and I went to a Vietnamese place last night and I had the best fried rice of my life. Unfortunately, I'm still feeling it today. Bleh.
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

• Options
    I usually cook for New Years.  We normally do something fancy - lobster, steak, etc.  But I'm dialing it back this year.  We're doing Southwestern buttermilk baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli.
    OH my god, can I come have dinner at your house tonight?  =P~
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    pickles26 said:
    Gonna have some rotisserie chicken, salad and gonna make poutine since I found some cheese curds at the Fresh Market
    At some point in my life, I have to try poutine at least once. I'm not sure I'll like it (I don't think I've ever had cheese curds), but they way everyone talks about it on here it's on my bucket list.
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

• Options
    More than likely gonna order a pizza and watch Sons of Anarchy on Amazon Instant Video with DH. He's sick and I'm not feeling great so don't feel like cooking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to do cheese and chocolate fondue tonight. I'm also making jelly/salsa meatballs and we're doing pigs in a blanket. Man I am hungry right now!

• Options
    We usually do fondue for New Years Eve dinner and chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for dessert. 
    I've been so sick this week though that it will probably be a bucket of fried chicken or Chinese take out instead. No energy to cook. Martinellis at midnight of course with leftover Christmas candy. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
     Expecting our first - Alice Irene - 6/5/15

• Options
    pickles26 said:

sgarmand said:

pickles26 said:

Gonna have some rotisserie chicken, salad and gonna make poutine since I found some cheese curds at the Fresh Market

At some point in my life, I have to try poutine at least once. I'm not sure I'll like it (I don't think I've ever had cheese curds), but they way everyone talks about it on here it's on my bucket list.

Well, I've never had authentic poutine, so at some point I want to try some of the real deal. I'm just adventurous in the kitchen

My husband is an international trucker so he eats it every time he is in Canada, but I have had cheese curds since I could eat dairy (I am not supposed to now due to intolerance of dairy but I just pop a pill and go to town.
  • Options
    sgarmand said:
    What's the dinner plans for this evening and tomorrow? Are you having the traditional meals to bring money and good luck, or something that's more of a personal tradition? Better yet, are you ordering your favorite take-out?!

WAIT. There are traditional meals to bring money and good luck? Damn, no wonder I'm not rich yet. ;) I'm totally googling that now. We're not doing anything major, having dinner with another couple and calling it good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DS 10.2012   #2 EDD 6.18.15
  • Options
    We're having a big GTG with Friends so there's gonna be a lot of food. We're grilling steaks, chicken & hotdogs (for the kids). Black eyed peas, greens, mashed potatoes, Mac & cheese, corn on the cob & a few other things I can't remember.... Plus a few different appetizers.

I'm gonna eat like a fatty.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    No traditions but tonight I feel like eating load baked potatoes... oven baked potatoes, melted butter and sprinkled with cheese, topped with some beef mince then homemade coleslaw and finished off with a huge dollop of sour cream. Drooooooool!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Options
    LadySif said:
    sgarmand said:

WAIT. There are traditional meals to bring money and good luck? Damn, no wonder I'm not rich yet. ;) I'm totally googling that now. We're not doing anything major, having dinner with another couple and calling it good. 
    In the south (and I'm thinking up north too) the typical NYD meal includes cabbage (or cabbage rolls) for money and black eyed peas for good luck. Usually these are done with cornbread and a ham I'm just not sure what/if those represent anything, but they sure do pair nicely.

This year we're just going way down to our cajun roots with the étouffée and gumbo!
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

• Options
    No traditions but tonight I feel like eating load baked potatoes... oven baked potatoes, melted butter and sprinkled with cheese, topped with some beef mince then homemade coleslaw and finished off with a huge dollop of sour cream. Drooooooool!
    Oh, that sounds lovely!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I bought a shrimp ring and honey bbq wings... but dh is insisting on getting sushi and Chinese so in a few minutes that is what we will be doing!
  • Options
    We had filet with mashed potatoes and carrots. we don't have a traditional meal for NYE. We're going to a friends surprise bday party, so they'll have cake! YAY!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I made chicken and noodles served over mashed potatoes tonight. It's a crock pot recipe that always turns out thick and yummy.

And tomorrow we are going to my in-laws house where MIL is making a full holiday meal with turkey and roast and all sorts of sides.

Me: PCOS and Hypothyroidism
    EDD: June 15th, 2015!

• Options
    We were going to go out and have a fancy dinner but DD is sick so I have my alarm set for every four hours to check on her throughout the night. Microwave burritos it is..
  • Options
    sgarmand said:
    Almost forgot to mention what I'm having, oops.

Tonight I'm going home and making some crawfish étouffée (yum), then tomorrow we'll have shrimp and crab gumbo (double yum) at my parents. Hopefully there will be some cabbage in there somewhere! 
    That all sounds delish! We had pizza tonight because we fancy. I'd love to have some gumbo tomorrow, but I'm way too lazy to make that happen. Or some blackeyed peas, that ain't happening either. We're having stuffed pork chops & mashed taters tomorrow for dinner.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    DH is sick, so we bought out the grocery store: (pasteurized!) goat cheese, fig jam and crackers, buffalo wings, lobster rangoons, salsa.... Pretty much anything that looked delicious. And six mini-cheesecakes, since I'm wicked indecisive. I'm sure I'll eat all six. I then bought grenadine to make Shirley Temples since I can't drink but want to feel special. As I sit on my couch in sweatpants, of course.
  • Options
    My husband is on might shift so I'm drinking sparkling cider and eating mini chips ahoy woot!!
  • Options
    Dh has to work all night so I'm at my moms. We always do snacky, finger food stuff like little hot sandwiches and wings and veggies and chips and dip. Which I like cause I can revisit the table a million times and it doesn't seem like I'm getting that much... I mean they're just snacks, right?!? ;)
  • Options
    jessila9jessila9 member
    edited January 2015
    DH had his wisdom teeth out on Tuesday so I'm guessing more mashed potatoes. That's all he wants to eat and this currently nauseous-carb-craving mama certainly doesn't mind. Sometimes we even chop up chicken tenders and mix them in. Yep. Starting the new year of nice and healthy...
  • Options
    I might make a mushroom and artichoke pizza on a whole grain crust
  • Options
    We are doing the traditional New Year's Day meal of pork, cabbage, and black eyes peas. I threw in some Mac and cheese for ds and biscuits for dh. I'm also making chocolate chip banana bread for me!
  • Options

We went to a fancy dinner party last night at friends' place with smoked turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, etc. so tonight I think we are picking up pizza and watching football.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night was Panda Express takeout while we visited brother and SIL (we're both pregnant and have 6 kids between us). Sent the men out "hunting" while we watched Land Before Time.
    Tonight is leftovers (we came home, no longer in civilization ).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"