May 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone have thyroid problems after baby?

I went to the doctor yesterday because I've lost way too much weight (15 pounds below pre-preg weight) and I'm exhausted. He said my heart rate was very high and wanted to run blood tests. I just saw on the kaiser website that my results were in. My white blood cell count is very low as well as my TSH level. TSH was .001. The doctor wants me to come in to go o we results and mentioned Hyperthyroidism.
Does any of my bump mama's have any experience with this? I don't know what I should expect from all of this and any past experience would be appreciated.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone have thyroid problems after baby?

• Options
    Not yet. I say that because all the women in my family developed hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism after having their second kid. My Aunt was like you and no matter what could not gain a pound among other things. She had hers removed and hasn't had a problem since. She gained weight and looks healthy. I know it can be crazy trying to find the right dose of meds that will help. In the beginning it's trial and error. Just know that it won't always be miserable.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited December 2014
    I've just started wondering about this myself. I was 13 lbs below my prepreg weight last time I weighed myself and am getting kind of concerned. I also know I haven't been doing the best job keeping up with my vitamins and making sure I'm taking in enough calories for nursing, so I'm focusing on that now. If it doesn't help, I will be going to the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ended up with a goiter after ds1. Been monitoring it due to its size (larger than it should be for my age). Have several fna to make sure not cancerous. This time around, it grew a bit with this pregnancy but had stabilized since. Endo thinks it's all hormone related.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    Thanks Ladies. I am just curious if it is something that will go away after hormones regulate or what. My doctor said we'd keep checking my blood while onmedications and see where it goes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"