February 2015 Moms
Options

Freezer Meal Prep! Help!!

Mom's that are making freezer meals for postpartum when you can't cook, what are your go to recipies?

The postpartum post has made me think I really need to get on with this! Especially with a DH who can't really cook and it will just be us and our teenagers after LO comes home.

Re: Freezer Meal Prep! Help!!

• Options
    Lasagna, stew, soup, chili are all my go too
  • Options
    Pot pies freeze nicely!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went on Pinterest and specifically looked for freezer meals that are cooked in the crock pot. That way I just need to start it in the am make a small side Like rice and that's it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We're stocking up on Costco frozen veggies and simple-to-cook items like breaded tilapia. For pre-made frozen meals - spaghetti sauce, chilis and soups, cooked chicken strips, etc. One thing I just thought of last week that we are for sure doing is measuring out everything that goes in a crock pot dish and freezing it together in a bag. Then writing on the back things like "low - 10 hours" etc. I think those will be a lifesaver where DH can just dethaw the bag the night before then put the contents in the crock pot before heading to work, then dinner is done when he gets home. 

Crock pot recipes we love:
    Turkey loin, rice, and butternut squash
    Chicken drumsticks with carrots and potatoes
    chicken noodle soup
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I made:

Quiche
    Sheppards pie
    Spaghetti sauce
    Butter chicken
    Ground beef casserole
    Soups
    Double baked potato
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @JessicaH1020‌ I didn't think of looking at Pioneer Woman! I'm slowly going through Money Saving Mom's website to look at the freezer meals she has.

I may go buy a crockpot today for myself for my birthday. I know it will be a total lifesaver. I dont know what happened to mine in the move.
  • Options
    Chicken & verde salsa & throw in some potatoes
    Chicken & BBQ sauce & freeze some buns (shred BBQ chx)
    Chili
    Chx chili

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mom2xover2002 I LOVE her recipes.  I have to substitute a lot because she uses heavy cream like it's going out of style, but her food is just so dang good. I don't think I've encountered a bad recipe yet. 
  • Options
    Like PPs, I have several crock pot meals assembled (raw) and frozen in gallon freezer bags. I also have things that will be easy for DH to throw on the grill (burger patties, chicken breasts and a pork tenderloin). Also, have a ton of veggie soup I just made yesterday frozen in 2 cup portions. My thought was that if we needed a veggie side to go with dinner, we could thaw a bag and split it. Or, if I needed a quick lunch I could thaw a bag for myself.

I plan to do a batch of marinara sauce, turkey meatballs, a pot of chili and a meatloaf in the next 6 weeks or so. I am not due until the end of Feb so I was waiting until now to start prepping cooked food. The last thing I will do (not until Feb) is a batch of pancakes, waffles and muffins for my kids. I have two (one in school) and getting everyone up and out the door can be hectic as it is. Throw a newborn in there and I am sure my mornings will be a mess!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also use pioneer woman recipes a lot. I currently have a list of freezer crockpot recipes in a word doc and I made several of them on Monday. It was great because I only spent about $75 for a ton of food. If you PM me your email address, I'll send it to you. I'm afraid copying and pasting may overwhelm the thread.
  • Options
    We ask people to bring food when they visit us! ;) Specifically, each of our moms usually makes a big lasagna or casserole when they come over to get their baby fix. My husband cooks a lot, so I don't really have to plan ahead, but it's nice to have meals we don't have to think about for that first week, at least. 
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm making the Pioneer Woman lasagna roll up freezer meal this weekend. I have meatloaf in the freezer already, and chili. I'm going to throw some crock pot meals together and stick those in a few freezer bags in the next few weeks. I'm hoping that I can enlist my mom in helping me pack up extra meals when she is here to help.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We just stockpiled some freeze meals. I precooked alot of meat portioning it out and seasoning it for tacos, chili, meatballs, and sloppy joes. I also premade Salisbury steak, manicotti, enchildas, and lasagna. Plus I added a good selection of various dry mixed beans to my pantry so I can just soak them the night before and toss them in the slow cooker the next morning.

Also my mom had a food saver she let me borrow and it made packing everything away such a breeze!

I googled for freezer recipes but ended up just cooking everything like I normally would and letting it cooler before bagging and sealing it up.
  • Options
    I'll do some freezer meals. I'm starting a meal train too.

Mealtrain.com
  • Options
    Sorry to bump up an old thread - but this was posted today in a blog I follow. Easy freezer meal recipes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought and made these ones from Tastefully Simple.  It comes with all of their ingredients you need, stickers to label your bags with, and a grocery list for the grocery items you need to make them.  They feed 4-6 big eaters, so I split a lot of them in half.
    It took the guesswork out of it, and I don't fear that they will taste bad (like a few I've made off Pinterest).
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"