June 2014 Moms
Options

Craft beer question

Hi Ladies! I have a question for you craft beer drinkers. My friend is having a party in a few weeks for her bday. She did last year as well but I couldn't drink. She asks that everyone brings a 6 pack of their favorite craft beer to share. I need some suggestions so I don't look like the nerd. I saw some laguanitas brown Sugga at the store. Any good? I only looked at it since I've had that name beer before.
Thanks!!

Re: Craft beer question

• Options
    Btw berry Weiss is about as fancy as I get. If you have any picture you could attach that could be helpful. Ha!
  • Options
    MH is a fan of the Laguina's Hop Stoopid. It's a super hoppy beer (hense the name) though so I'm not sure what people might like. I only know what MH knows and that's mostly local beers. Sorry :(

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Brown Sugga is good. Where are you located? That will determine what's availible to you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't like Brown Shugga... too molassesy (made that up, yup). I like Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Tis my fave.

This party sounds freaking fun btw! I'm jealous, all my friends are wine drinkers.

• Options
    Haha!!! I live in Chicago. So there will be some hipster city people at the party.
  • Options

I didn't like Brown Shugga... too molassesy (made that up, yup). I like Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Tis my fave.

This party sounds freaking fun btw! I'm jealous, all my friends are wine drinkers.

Hazelnut sounds good!
  • Options
    @cherylwang Can you get Great Lakes beer at your stores? You really can't go wrong there.
  • Options
    clwheelclwheel member
    edited December 2014
    hampire said:
    Yeah need aproximate locale and what kind of beer you prefer. If you're not a beer drinker perhaps a craft cider?

Yummmm! My fave...

ETA: if you can get Woodchuck cider it is fantastic. Amber is the most basic but I liked it the best

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options

@cherylwang Can you get Great Lakes beer at your stores? You really can't go wrong there.

I will look for that next time I'm in the store. Thanks! I just don't want to show up with some random,not good, bad name brand drink. When they all drink craft beers and know their stuff. Ha!
  • Options
    I love all the suggestions!!
  • Options
    Oddly enough, independent type health food stores around me are the stores with the awesome craft beer selections. I wouldn't bring anything you can buy at Jewel if these are major beer peeps. 
  • Options
    My favorites are Chimay Blue (I don't think I have ever seen a 6 pack in this but it is DELICIOUS, maybe get a couple of the big bottles to bring), Free State Oktoberfest (too late to get this now though), and New Belgium Abbey Ale.
  • Options
    if you can find russian river's pliny the elder definitely bring it!  otherwise i love coronado ipa or ballast point grapefruit sculpin.  party sounds fun!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"