TTC after 35
Options

DD

vh2014vh2014 member
edited January 2015 in TTC after 35
DD
me:41   dh:43 
Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart

Re: DD

• Options
    I'll probably have a dirty martini and some champagne. DH likes whiskey on the rocks.

If we were having people over, I'd probably make a champagne punch to serve. This one is easy and a personal favorite: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pomegranate-Champagne-Punch-240761
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    Boo for the BFN @vh2014

I am not quite sure what I will be drinking. MH and I will be in DC for the night so whatever they are serving where we go! 

This will be the first new years eve I won't get hammered because we will be going to the Winter Classic tomorrow and I don't want to be too tired for that!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are making mai tais and ordering Chinese food :)

Though I'm bizarrely hungover with a really upset stomach from two glasses of wine yesterday, which is so out of character (I'm WTO so nothing baby related), I'm not sure I'll be able to enjoy anything!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    Nikolie93 I wasn't really expecting a BFP so it wasn't too bad. And DH will be happy that we were on the safe side- he's the reason I threw away 5 bucks. :).   It was funny though... even though I knew it would be a BFN I didn't let myself watch it go across the window and I had to drag myself back in to look at it. LOL, no idea why I just didn't want to see it.  I'm near DC, but in VA... too bad my DH would think I was nuts or I'd invite you over.  

wannabmama23 sorry about the hangover... I am now craving Chinese. Sounds yummy.

Austrogermokee might have to check the punch out.  I don't really like champagne but always serve it at midnight because well... it's NYE... champagne punch might be a better alternative. 

Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    No drinking for me, I'm sick.
    We were supposed to go to a friends house but had to cancel. Fever last night and now a scratchy throat and little chills. It just keeps changing so don't really know what the hell is wrong with me?

@ vh2014 I would look up a nice martini recipe to use that smoars vodka.

If I were drinking tonight it would be some nice Johnny black.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    hooligans4 I just googled that and found chocolote pudding shots... wow... off to the grocery store.  That will be a nice twist no one in our circle has had. :) Thank you.  Normally I'm the google queen but didn't even think to google that. 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @hooligans4 Boo!  I hope you feel better.

I got DH some bitters for a stocking stuffer so he is wanting to make drinks that require bitters (Manhattans, I guess?).  We also have a bottle of Prosecco for midnight.  
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    You can also make an Old Fashioned, Negroni or Champagne Cocktail with bitters.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    @Hooligans - I hope you feel better....being sick is NO FUN!

I have found a new fav drink......Disarrono. Oh good Lord is it YUMMMMY! H makes me a yummy little cocktail out of it with pineapple juice and something else........dangerously sweet and sneaky!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    @vh2014 we have actually been staying in Springfield! I understand why YH feels that way... Stranger danger and all of that lol

@hooligans4 damn, hope your feel better soon!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Wine wine wine!!!! Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!!
  • Options
    I love Champagne but will not be drinking this year. I've cut it out completely over the last 3 months. While I will miss out on the fun of ringing in the New Year with a glass (bottle) of champagne, I can look forward to now waking up feeling crappy tomorrow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's the year of the baby! I feel it!
    Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    vh2014vh2014 member
    edited December 2014
    S'mores pudding shooters are in the fridge!

@KirstenAlecia‌ you must pass on the recipe. ..1) I am convinced now we may be twin spirits so if you live it, I'll love it (lol) and 2) pineapple- yummmmm!

@Nikolie93 we are about 30 minutes from there. I will toast you at midnight and your 2015 baby. :) I'm loud, you may even here me. :)

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @Austrogermokee‌ I love me a negroni, they're my new go-to, it's hard to find non-sweet drinks when I want a cocktail (said as I sip a mai tai...sometimes sweet is ok, though mine is all fresh juice so not as sweet!).

@KirstenAlecia‌ disarrono is deeeelish! If you ever feel sassy, you can mix it with cream and make whipped cream, it's awesome on desserts, there's even a French toast recipe with it in the batter, yummmmm.
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    @vh2014‌ the pudding shooters sound yum, I am sorry to hear about the BFN. 2015 is THE year though, I just know it! I'm getting my drink on with Kir Royale tonight, Champagne and Chambord liqueur! Happy New Year everyone!
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • Options
    Wine, wine, wine (and cheap champagne)!

HNY, everyone!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Wine!!!!
  • Options
    I'm in the 2WW so won't be drinking but if I were it would be my usual boring grey goose/7up or possibly cosmopolitans
  • Options
    sounds like some good drinks. I'm on the west coast, so currently still in my sweats. We;re supposed to go over to a friend's house for drinks and games. I'm thinking wine. Currently in the 2ww, so figuring I should go easy. So if it's one drink, gotta make it count, right?
    happy new years.  here's to getting pregnant in 2015!
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    The s'mores pudding was pretty good, though a little strong. I ended up wroth a couple drinks, but settled in with vodka and cranberry. ..but not too much.

@Nikolie93 your post cracked me up. I had this vision of you surrounded by about 20 drinks all at once.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Just had a sip of champagne at midnight. Wasn't in the mood to drink.

• Options
    I'm the party pooper who passed out at 10pm with no drinks to be had. How sad....
  • Options
    Just has seltzer here (2WW) but indulged in pizza bites, hot pretzels with melted cheese sauce and chips with spinach and artichoke dip.

• Options
    KirstenAleciaKirstenAlecia member
    edited January 2015
    @Flyliceandcoffee - girl, just when my night started I got a text that made me want to pass out and be a party pooper......but we were already in the car and on our way to where we were going.....too late to change my plans put on pi's and sleep the shitty year away.....Im totally jelly you got to do that ;)

@vh2014 I will get hubs to give me his recipe and I will pass it on! I would looove to be your twin spirit! <3 ya girl! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    @flyliceandcoffee‌ we had a couple drinks but still were asleep before the ball dropped. I think we made it to 10:30, ha!

It was actually a really nice NYE, and I was the most productive I've ever been on jan. 1, ha!
  • Options
    I had hot tea with honey and lemon. I know I'm a wild one!!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    @vh2014‌ it was about 15 drinks! :D

• Options
    I ended up having Cognac with apple juice.  SO was happy I was having Cognac but mad I messed it up with the Apple Juice.  It tastes good, as he says, you don't mix anything with Congac. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    I woke up with a hangover headache. Spent the day TIRED. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    I didn't have a hangover, but sure felt exhausted.  Spent the day pretty much in bed catching up on sleep. I am defiantly not like I was in my early to mid twentites. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"